2.6L Kennebell at 15psi

powercrazy

Established Member
Well put the 3.5" pulley on the 2.6L and I'm running 15psi putting down 543RWHP and 470rwtq. I really want to get this thing in the 20psi range

powercrazy

Established Member
We were only bringing it to 6400 just to play it safe but **** was it climbing hard still never drops off at all.

powercrazy

Established Member
I can't wait to feel 20psi. Well took the car to some shitty track it was 1/8th mile only my best of the day was 7.7 at 94mph. spinning like crazy and having lots of problems getting it into gear at high rpms for some reason. anybody know what I should do in the 1/4

danny03cobra

Established Member
dont mean to sound like an a** but, i run the ported eaton and i push 15psi with over 500 rwhp and tq.shouldnt you be putting down a little more tq? just asking, i was thinking of going with the aftermarket blower or a 75 wet shot but it looks like i can gain more from the 75 shot.

ExplorerThis

Valve Drop
Established Member
With my 2.2L at 15psi i put down 530rwhp and 470rwtq with just a catback and K&N filter....and thats @ 6300rpms...it was still climbing too

Evil_SVT

Established Member
danny03cobra said:
dont mean to sound like an a** but, i run the ported eaton and i push 15psi with over 500 rwhp and tq.shouldnt you be putting down a little more tq? just asking, i was thinking of going with the aftermarket blower or a 75 wet shot but it looks like i can gain more from the 75 shot.

You also have to remember you are getting a blower that doenst blow that much hot air into your engine
More blown heat = pulls timing = less power = low ET's = no girls = turn gay = EMO = GTO

Machinator

Banned
danny03cobra said:

If you want to get an aftermarket blower get the whipple they are made better and will equal this power if not better it.

vicious781

Former Army Brat
Established Member
02GTKB said:
You also have to remember you are getting a blower that doenst blow that much hot air into your engine
More blown heat = pulls timing = less power = low ET's = no girls = turn gay = EMO = GTO

LOL!!:lol:

I must say, that new KB is big and ugly, but it sure gets the job done :thumbsup:

bubbrubb

powercrazy said:
Well put the 3.5" pulley on the 2.6L and I'm running 15psi putting down 543RWHP and 470rwtq. I really want to get this thing in the 20psi range

it says in your sig that you have a 2001 cobra? is that outdated or.... ?
nice numbers, by the way!

VoodooSNK

Established Member
powercrazy said:
I can't wait to feel 20psi. Well took the car to some shitty track it was 1/8th mile only my best of the day was 7.7 at 94mph. spinning like crazy and having lots of problems getting it into gear at high rpms for some reason. anybody know what I should do in the 1/4
Read this post.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3982879&postcount=36
And if that helps I'd reccomend getting an aftermarket Firewall Adjuster and Quadrant. Seems the best brands are Steeda and Fiore. Hope that helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread