2.6 upper dyno results inside

mustangtw

Established Member
Finally got around to getting my car dynoed this past weekend while I was down in daytona, fl for the turkey rod run. Vmp tuning had their mobile dyno jet down at the show so I figured what the hell, might as well give it shot and see where I'm at. Only mods are 2.6, jlt 123mm, orx, and a tune. Car layed down a respectable 574rwhp, 586tq. Was very nice meeting Justin. He was very helpful, offering to look over my tune for me and make some minor tweaks to it. VMP is a great group of guys and I can't wait to mod this car some more. TVS will definitely be something I consider moving foward. Thanks again VMP, I had a blast at the show and it was nice meeting you all.

dynograph.jpg

08 shelby gt500 dyno - YouTube

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Really nice numbers, I wish Justin could tweak my car in person to squeeze a little more power out.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
Wow that's a tad high for those mods. Maybe Justin's tune made the difference. My buddy has those exact mods but has the resonator delete and has 540rwhp/540rwtq.

What boost are you at?

mustangtw

Established Member
Awesome numbers and what happened to the Terminator by the way?

Thanks brian, and i sold my old 03 to a guy down in ga a couple years ago. He still has it as far as i know and loves the car.

Wow that's a tad high for those mods. Maybe Justin's tune made the difference. My buddy has those exact mods but has the resonator delete and has 540rwhp/540rwtq.

What boost are you at?

The tune on my car was done by myself with the pro racer software. Justin just tweaked it a bit after the second pull with 2 more deg timing and 1% more fuel. Air temps were in the low 60s so that probably helped a bit and boost was 13 to 14lbs

Reaper6193

Established Member
Had to be the colder air and it was a dyno jet, there known to have higher numbers sometimes not trying to take anything away. I have a complete suspension set up, off road x, straight pipes, 2.4 pulley, 170 tstat, dual core h/e, bigger coolant tanks, vmp elbow, 65mm tb, gears, and lethal performance tune and im barely cracking 590 rwhp....but maybe u have a freak engine like my buddy.

mustangtw

Established Member
Had to be the colder air and it was a dyno jet, there known to have higher numbers sometimes not trying to take anything away. I have a complete suspension set up, off road x, straight pipes, 2.4 pulley, 170 tstat, dual core h/e, bigger coolant tanks, vmp elbow, 65mm tb, gears, and lethal performance tune and im barely cracking 590 rwhp....but maybe u have a freak engine like my buddy.

What is your car trapping in the 1/4 if you dont mind me asking so i can compare it to what mines doing. That way i can see if my dyno is accurate or not.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
What exhaust are you running on that?

I know you said O/R X. Stock mufflers?

Sounds good and I like the back pressure nastiness...!!

mustangtw

Established Member
What exhaust are you running on that?

I know you said O/R X. Stock mufflers?

Sounds good and I like the back pressure nastiness...!!

Lethal O/R X with MBRP axle backs

I don't think your asking me but mine traps at 121-122 mph on shitty drag radials

Ok, cool. How much rwhp did your car make on the dyno? I don't know if it will be a apples to apples comparison though because yours is a 2012 which is lighter and you are running a 2.8 pulley to my 2.6 and you have longtubes and I don't. What was your 1/8 mile mph if you don't mind me asking? That's all I have to go from right now as I haven't run the 1/4 on the current tune yet. My best 1/8 has been 101mph full weight on drag radials.

Nice numbers man.

Thanks.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
Stock I was at 500/478 on a Dynojet SAE

2.8 Pulley/conservative tune/full exhaust/CAI 540/535 on a Dynopack (wheels off)

I ran a 7.860 @ 93.25 1/8th
12.038 @ 121.04 1/4

Are you sure you ran 101mph in 1/8th?

Last edited:

mustangtw

Established Member
Stock I was at 500/478 on a Dynojet SAE

2.8 Pulley/conservative tune/full exhaust/CAI 540/535 on a Dynopack (wheels off)

I ran a 7.860 @ 93.25 1/8th
12.038 @ 121.04 1/4

Are you sure you ran 101mph in 1/8th?

Yes, that's what my timeslip said. I only could run 1/8 mile then I had to let off or else they were going to kick me off the track because I ran too fast in the 1/4 without a roll bar. Here is my slip:

timeslip-1.jpg

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
Low 11's with minor mods? Damn.... Your one heck of a driver!

Did you dyno when stock or drag it stock? Numbers for both if you got them. Nice to see comparisons.

mustangtw

Established Member
Low 11's with minor mods? Damn.... Your one heck of a driver!

Did you dyno when stock or drag it stock? Numbers for both if you got them. Nice to see comparisons.

No stock dyno numbers, but i did drag race it once when i first got it bone stock. Ran 12.6 at 110mph. 1/8 mile was 8.1 at 87mph

Reaper6193

Established Member
Mustangtw, if u were asking me what my quarter mile times are 12.7, 1.92 60ft, and trap speed of 119.8......but I live in el Paso and our elevation is 3900+ ft....but yeah my dyno numbers at 65 degrees F is only 525 rwhp 532 tq on the mustang dyno and 545 rwhp and 550 tq on the dyno jet and I have triple the mods he had and smaller pulley size so it has to be calibrations on the dyno or elevation of was taken against.....

Users who are viewing this thread