2.6 TVS revealed today

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I remember reading the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are called "hybrid roots" sometimes. I think it's to distinguish the twist that creates the extra lobes. To my knowledge they still don't compress in the housing like a twin screw and are still blowers. Not as many in depth tech articles as I wish there were. I guess people are more interested in numbers rather than how.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
VMP is stepping it up big time, they also mentioned there may be some intercooler mods in the near future, hopefully he includes the Cobras on that considering they have the smallest intercooler of all the current TVS platforms.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Not a heck of a lot can be done with the intercooler since the space in the intake is a limiting factor. The only other option currently is the one made by Griffin that has been sold by a few places, now with LFP.

As an FYI, it's 1/2" shorter and wider, which I would imagine lets the charge air make the turn easier - if that matters. It's also a 10-row compared to the 9-row Garrett and uses an "Extruded tube" design compared to the OE "bar and plate".

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/cooling.htm#Intercooler

Griffin%20intercooler%201.jpg

Griffin%20intercooler%202.jpg

Not sure, to be honest I always thought they were twin screw until recently when I looking up efficiency maps and saw that info from Eaton. The extra twist of the rotors really makes it look like a twin screw.
Either way this new blower should be badass.

Original TVS rotor as a comparison (with the roots also shown). These had a 160° twist and it's 170° for the R2650 now:

Supercharger%20rotors.jpg

sema-2017-eaton-shows-off-larger-tvs-r2650-blower-0004-640x427.jpg

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I would definitely re-upgrade... 2.6 with my killer chiller would be perfection!!!

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Yeah I think I'm going for this. I've been wanting to keep my 03 stock and keep or sell and get a GT500, but I think I might enjoy the 03 more if it was modded.

A fuel system, 2.3 or 2.6 and some corn juice will make that car a heck of a lot of fun. Much more violent feeling than a s197/550.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
A fuel system, 2.3 or 2.6 and some corn juice will make that car a heck of a lot of fun. Much more violent feeling than a s197/550.

As long as it can hang with the latest and greatest then I think I would be satisfied

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
As long as it can hang with the latest and greatest then I think I would be satisfied

New cars are a lot heavier, you’ll be just fine in a 3600lb 700+ hp car. And the cars that are faster are like $100,000 bucks and up. My car wasn’t a daily driver and when I would go WOT it was always impressive.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
What is that issue. Sorry I missed it.

IAT sensor doesn’t sit into open airflow. The sensor mounting pad needs to be machined down allowing the sensor tip to sit lower so air flows over/around it rather than being recessed and surrounded by the heat soaked blower base. Fixing this issue will allow the IAT temps to read true air temp not the heat soaked base temp (non heal soaked means lower temp)

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DisposableHero

Established Member
IAT sensor doesn’t sit into open airflow. The sensor mounting pad needs to be machined down allowing the sensor tip to sit lower so air flows over/around it rather than being recessed and surrounded by the heat soaked blower base. Fixing this issue will allow the IAT temps to read true air temp not the heat soaked base temp (non heal soaked means lower temp)

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Is this something you've fixed?

Users who are viewing this thread