2.6 Kenne Bell CAI

Super_Lightning

Peace
Established Member
Who sells CAI for the 2.6 KB besides JLP?

Also i'm awaiting delivery of a 2.6h for my 02 Lightning Truck. I understand that I can only run up to 18psi on 93 gas? How much octain does it take for me to run 23 psi and how much timing can I use? Can I use 93 gas with the biggest meth jet and run 23 psi? Can I boost to 23 psi on pump gas and just reduce timing for daily driving then on weekend put in a more timing tune and run the race gas or meth? How much Horse power can the stock fuel rail handle before I need to upgrade to a bigger fuel rail?

Last edited:

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
Who sells CAI for the 2.6 KB besides JLP?

Also i'm awaiting delivery of a 2.6h for my 02 Lightning Truck. I understand that I can only run up to 18psi on 93 gas? How much octain does it take for me to run 23 psi and how much timing can I use? Can I use 93 gas with the biggest meth jet and run 23 psi? Can I boost to 23 psi on pump gas and just reduce timing for daily driving then on weekend put in a more timing tune and run the race gas or meth? How much Horse power can the stock fuel rail handle before I need to upgrade to a bigger fuel rail?

I got my 2.6KB intake from DMP, 4.5" tube that puts the filter behind the front bumper and out of the engine bay, only downside you cant drive in the rain..... and with the 2.6KB you dont want to. I changed lanes one time in the rain with the 2.6KB and gave it a little gas, I did about 10 360's down the highway

I was running my 2.6kb with 93 octane at around 20#of boost, I also had ported heads, cams, built motor

#'s of boost is a myth, I was running more power with less boost because of my setup than others were running with more #'s of boost

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
You should come out to ennis on May 1st for the Ford vs Chevy shootout :rockon:

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
u will be fine running more boost with 93 gas i was running 20 on my stock block...u may want to be careful cus its pushing the engine but with a good tune u should be ok

Users who are viewing this thread