2.4 KB question

davidsk5018

Established Member
You wont be able to run high enough boost to see a difference from the 2.2 KB without some other mods. So, you will see prob 550-600 max., same as 17 lbs of boost on a 2.2 KB

Greymare

Established Member
Well I will have Mid length headers,off road 3" X-pipe, 20# pulley setup, different air meter a want to say it was 100mm (NOT sure on that) ,K&N filter,and a custom tune. What kind of numbers with that? Oh and single blade TB.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Greymare said:
Well I will have Mid length headers,off road 3" X-pipe, 20# pulley setup, different air meter a want to say it was 100mm (NOT sure on that) ,K&N filter,and a custom tune. What kind of numbers with that? Oh and single blade TB.
Like davidsk5018 said 550-600 @ 17psi. If you plan on running 20psi you better seriously think about bigger injectors at least.

Keep in mind making the power is the easy part, keeping the car together after that get expensive. You wont have much longevity out of it with the stock cooling system, and if you plan on running sticky tires plan on blowing your rear diff cover, possibly half shafts, burning up your stock clutch and possibly busting your input shaft.

stangfreak

Established Member
davidsk5018 said:
You wont be able to run high enough boost to see a difference from the 2.2 KB without some other mods. So, you will see prob 550-600 max., same as 17 lbs of boost on a 2.2 KB

eh i dont agree with that.

ddurnan

VET ETR
Established Member
There is a lot you better do to that car before putting 20#s through that KB 2.4...20#s could put you in the 650-700 rwhp area... shafts and clutch and diff bracing are all needed... I am puting 603 rwhp with 15#s of boost with my 2.4...Waiting for a switch chip before I use my 20# pulley....

Greymare

Established Member
Shadowgray03 said:
Like davidsk5018 said 550-600 @ 17psi. If you plan on running 20psi you better seriously think about bigger injectors at least.

Keep in mind making the power is the easy part, keeping the car together after that get expensive. You wont have much longevity out of it with the stock cooling system, and if you plan on running sticky tires plan on blowing your rear diff cover, possibly half shafts, burning up your stock clutch and possibly busting your input shaft.

It is in a 92 Coupe. I have moser axels and good stuff in the rear end. I am also going with the Mecloed twin disk clutch. I forgot I have 60# injectors already. As for the cooling I got that covered too. It didn't offer any real HP inprovment so I didn't mention it.

stangfreak

Established Member
ddurnan said:
There is a lot you better do to that car before putting 20#s through that KB 2.4...20#s could put you in the 650-700 rwhp area... shafts and clutch and diff bracing are all needed... I am puting 603 rwhp with 15#s of boost with my 2.4...Waiting for a switch chip before I use my 20# pulley....

told you guys i didnt agree with the 2.2 being equal to the 2.4. hehehe

btw insane numbers bro!!! how does the 2.4 feel on the street man? i just had mine installed and should be getting it back next week

Greymare

Established Member
Don't know I am still building the car right now. It should be done in three weeks. I will be out of town for next week. I can't wait. Dropping 700 pounds off the 03 Cobra with the LX the car should fly with those HP #s

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
A 2.4 will not out perform a 2.2 until 25+ lbs of boost. A buddy of mine was going to sell his 2.2 and get the 2.4 and Kenne Bell themselves actually talked him out of it. A bigger blower takes more power to spin so there are no gains to be made unless you are talking about rediculous boost..... But what do I know....lol

stangfreak

Established Member
i see what your saying but i still dont agree. people say that the whipple and the 2.2 kb make the same power. to me the 2.3 makes more power than the 2.2. the tq numbers and hp numbers that im seeing from the 2.2 and 2.4 are totally different

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I'm not preaching here, just repeating things I have been told. One perfect example is the yellow Strictly car. At WFC there is no N20 allowed. It ran faster last year on blower only with the 2.2 on top than it did this year with the 2.4 on top. Most 2.4 numbers I have seen have been on alot of boost and haven't seen or heard of any conclusive track numbers yet, other than the stricly car. Not saying it's a bad blower by any means, but if you aint gonna push it, 2.2 is just as good....

Users who are viewing this thread