2.4"/10%/15% TVS guys...post your results!!

scottGT500

Established Member
What's up guys!

More and more are going the pulley route on their 13/14's over switching out blowers. I personally was considering a KB 2.8LC, but it looks like I may do a pulley and headers. I would love to get a 3.6 but don't want to deal with the new hood nightmare.

Post your results (hp/tq) and supporting mods! Also your impressions on the mods themselves....

Thanks guys!!:beer:

Scott

Ky GT500

Established Member
10% and long tubes,,,,,,no wait,,,upper SC pulley,,,,no wait,,,,Kenne Bell with SS hood,,,,,no wait,,,,,,,:poke::poke:

Turbosnake95

Established Member
678 rwhp / 767 rwtq

American Racing 1 7/8th Long Tube Headers
3" Off Road H-Pipe
Innovators West, Inc. 10% Lower OD pulley with Gates belt
JLT 127mm Carbon Fiber Big Air Intake
Ford racing 65mm TB
NGK TR6 Plugs
Bob's Auto Sports passenger side oil separator
SCT Tuner with Lund Tunes (92 and 100 Octane)
MPSS Tires

Dyno day:
52 degree's outside
Mustang Dynamometer
17 PSI
92 Octane fuel
AFR 11.6

Everyday I drive the car to work, back and around... Is a glorious day! Daily driven no matter what the weather!

:beer:

Last edited:

scottGT500

Established Member
10% and long tubes,,,,,,no wait,,,upper SC pulley,,,,no wait,,,,Kenne Bell with SS hood,,,,,no wait,,,,,,,:poke::poke:

I know, I know...:nonono:

Today specifically I went for a drive (@ 2 hours) in the "country" to have a little fun. I noticed that I never got over 6300-6500rpm's. The graph that Van gave me and us shows that the KB shines over the TVS over @6200rpm. So I decided for a true street brawler...the TVS has the edge over the KB. It has more HP and TONS more TQ in the rpm range I will live in 95% of the time. So there you have it lol. :beer:

Scott

scottGT500

Established Member
678 rwhp / 767 rwtq

3" Off Road H-Pipe
Ford racing 65mm TB
NGK TR6 Plugs
MPSS Tires

Dyno day:
52 degree's outside
Mustang Dynamometer
17 PSI
92 Octane fuel
AFR 11.6

Everyday I drive the car to work, back and around... Is a glorious day! Daily driven no matter what the weather!

Goodness! How do the MPSS hold with that torque?

Scott

Ky GT500

Established Member
I know, I know...:nonono:

Today specifically I went for a drive (@ 2 hours) in the "country" to have a little fun. I noticed that I never got over 6300-6500rpm's. The graph that Van gave me and us shows that the KB shines over the TVS over @6200rpm. So I decided for a true street brawler...the TVS has the edge over the KB. It has more HP and TONS more TQ in the rpm range I will live in 95% of the time. So there you have it lol. :beer:

Scott

With the 10% , LT's, H,,,,,major TQ and plenty of HP, in my humble opinion,,for me, I have a perfect street snake that is ready to rock when ever I need to take someone to school. Tires in the spring.

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
678 rwhp / 767 rwtq

3" Off Road H-Pipe
Ford racing 65mm TB
NGK TR6 Plugs
MPSS Tires

Dyno day:
52 degree's outside
Mustang Dynamometer
17 PSI
92 Octane fuel
AFR 11.6

Great numbers! :beer:

My current plans are similar to yours except I have yet to decide between the 10% and the 15%. I'm not worried about heat soak when it's predominantly a street car so I'll likely go with the 15. I also plan to skip the headers. Other than that I think it's a solid, proven package. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

scottGT500

Established Member
With the 10% , LT's, H,,,,,major TQ and plenty of HP, in my humble opinion,,for me, I have a perfect street snake that is ready to rock when ever I need to take someone to school. Tires in the spring.

There shouldn't be many cars around that could hang with your car...pending traction obviously...

scottGT500

Established Member

My current plans are similar to yours except I have yet to decide between the 10% and the 15%. I'm not worried about heat soak when it's predominantly a street car so I'll likely go with the 15. I also plan so skip the headers. Other than that I think it's a solid, proven package. :thumbsup:

What are your thoughts on leaning away from headers? Just curious...

Scott

Turbosnake95

Established Member

My current plans are similar to yours except I have yet to decide between the 10% and the 15%. I'm not worried about heat soak when it's predominantly a street car so I'll likely go with the 15. I also plan so skip the headers. Other than that I think it's a solid, proven package. :thumbsup:

I went with the 10% as I have a Track Pack equipped car. I didn't want to move parts around to fit the 15%.

Edit: From Lethal Performance website..

"NOTE: A larger belt is required for proper installation of this pulley. Also, cars equipped with the "Track Pack" option that have the factory oil cooler, the 15% OD balancers will not fit unless you modify the lower oil cooler hose, delete the cooler all together OR use an aftermarket cooler like the MMR part number 400235. The 10% OD is better suited for Track Pack cars that want to keep the OEM cooler."

:read:

Last edited:

Turbosnake95

Established Member
I have the Track Pack also...so I would need to go with the 10% or 2.4" upper. Why did you choose the 10% over the 2.4?

Thanks!

I enjoyed the "More Torque" principle that the lower 10% produced. The 2.4 upper produces less torque but more horsepower. Least that is what I understood prior to purchasing.

Ky GT500

Established Member
I went with the 10% as I have a Track Pack equipped car. I didn't want to move parts around to fit the 15%.

My reasoning as well,,,15% gains I think one more pound of boost over the 10%. Not worth the move of the TP hose.

Reason I went with the 10% over the upper pulley was under recommendation of Van after a discussion of what I wanted out of my car and it's intended use.

Ky GT500

Established Member
I enjoyed the "More Torque" principle that the lower 10% produced. The 2.4 upper produces less torque but more horsepower. Least that is what I understood prior to purchasing.

Yep,,,but who can complain about over 700 WHP with the 10% and mid 7's for TQ. :dancenana:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread