2.3L whipple

specter

Formerly jfox316
Established Member
2.3L whipple (140ax) with 3.5 pulley. Supercharger is at Jon Bond performance and is almost done being rebuilt. This is his rebuild process and he's awesome to work with:

https://jonbondperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=2&zenid=gh1gkt197m0rve9ok3n2o3cor0

If you need a blower rebuilt Jon is the man to talk to! Great communication.
Has a 1 year warranty as detailed on the above website. There is a small gouge on top from the way the idiot I bought this off of shipped it but it's been touched up. I have the detailed rebuild sheet if anyone wants to see it. Will have pictures up in a couple days when everything is finished. Feel free to contact me or if you want to contact Jon let me know, he said it was fine but I don't want him bombarded with emails. Asking $2900 shipped. And I ended up with two 2.3L superchargers because I wasn't happy with this one's condition so I had it rebuilt, which is why I'm selling.

Chongoculo

Puttin' it on the Ground!
Established Member
Whipple 2.3

Well, I'm keeping my eyes open for a 2.3 whip.
But, gotta tell u, I can get a brand new one for $3100 shipped!
Or, a friend in CT is upgrading and selling his with pulleys for 2.5k

my92gt

Established Member
Then buy it.

Dude. The Guy is not bashing on you, he is simply letting you know where the market stands on these blowers.. It's true for 200$ more I would rather buy a brand new one from Tousley Ford then a rebuilt unit... Either way glws...

specter

Formerly jfox316
Established Member
I know where the market stands. I just bought another one. And I guarantee most used ones do not come with a 1 year warranty. You must not have ever sold anything on a forum before because no matter what the price is you get 50 PM's asking bottom dollar. And it normally sells. If i listed it for $10 someone would pm offering $5.

f2hatch

Established Member
I know where the market stands. I just bought another one. And I guarantee most used ones do not come with a 1 year warranty. You must not have ever sold anything on a forum before because no matter what the price is you get 50 PM's asking bottom dollar. And it normally sells. If i listed it for $10 someone would pm offering $5.

LOL and very true. GLWS

my92gt

Established Member

I've sold on this forum that's how I got my trader rating... I've had both bad and good experiences... When I sell something I expect to get some good reasonable offers and some low ballers to chime in.. It's the market so expect to either make a quick sale or sit on the parts ur selling for a while.. GLWS

nycarpenter

Established Member
The beauty of the deal is you own the blower and if nobody bites today there is always tomorrow :) I figure a solid item like yours brings 80% of what a new one cost from a reputable seller. JMHO

Chongoculo

Puttin' it on the Ground!
Established Member
Dude. The Guy is not bashing on you, he is simply letting you know where the market stands on these blowers.. It's true for 200$ more I would rather buy a brand new one from Tousley Ford then a rebuilt unit... Either way glws...

Absolutely not bashing! I wish you the best getting a good price. We all love Stangs with tons of hp, and we all dump big dollars into them. In the end we will never get the money we put into them out.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread