2.3l turbo

wvragtop

SPRAYING CHEATER SVT POST
Established Member
i have a factory 84 2.3l gt turbo vert and have done a la3 upgrade on it and a 3inch wastegate exhust out the ass also blowoff vale and fmic it pretty fun now but im wanting to change the cam and go alittle bigger.i found some cams from (boport) but there a little pricey .i dont want an oval track cam eithier and thats all i seam to find .anyone know where to find a afordable cam for the 2.3t ?

parksr5

Established Member
I know a bunch of people like using the cam from a Ranger as an upgrade. You may want to look into this. Check out a site called NATO thunderbird. I used to have a 88 turbo coupe and the site was always very helpful. They have a lot of vendors listed on the site too. One that I can remember that sells cams is Racer Walsh.

ChrisRedGT

Established Member
Ranger Roller is your best 'cheap' cam. Bo-port and Esslinger are two other vendors with cams but not cheap.

Check out the FAQ at Stinger-performance.com or turboford.net for a lot more 'cheap' things you can do to get some more fun out of the car.

Blown_Brick

Established Member
Look up boport head he does amazing work I have a stage 4 head and cam they look amazing haven't gotten the motor together and running yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

blacksheep-1

Established Member
Not to hijack the thread but someplace there was a thread on putting a twin cam Volvo head on a 2300, it was WAAAY cool but I never figure out if the guy got it running.
Let me look around.....

Holy Crap! I guess he did!!!

Ford Lima 2.3, Volvo B234 DOHC head, twin GT28/25 Garret turbos,Water IC,stand alone,Full NEXUS gauges and much much more in a 84 SVO mustang Not done yet

twin turbo Ford 2.3 with Volvo head - YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread