2.3 whipple

04OrangePeel

03Zinc
Established Member
Hey I am looking at buying a used whipple from a guy. It's a low mile whipple gen 1. Is it smart to buy used? What should I look for? He dropped a valve spring and a valve. Could the blower be damaged? And how much are they worth used with 3-4 thousand miles? Any help would be great! Thanks

Wildcard

Established Member
It can be smart to buy used. You can get some good things buying used, but be prepared if things are not as you believed they would be. Best advice is to first call whipple and figure out how much a rebuild would cost. That way if it needs work, you have that figured into your plan. Add that price with the sale price, and see if it is worth it. If it is a huge discount, then okay, but if it is equal or almost equal with new then not so much of a good deal. However, if the seller is saying that it is good. Then buy it through paypal, notating that it is "working condition," or "good working condition" then you are covered if it needs work. 3-4,000 miles is a small amount of use. That's damn near brand new, I would expect just a couple of hundred in discount, but depends on the seller and how badly he needs to sell it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread