2.3 whipple or 2.6 kb set up for 06 mustang gt??

tj04cobra

Established Member
Which kit is better for this car? I know there are a ton of whipple-kb debates. But I would like to hear about which kit does best for this particular car. Pros and cons of each kit/blower. Looking to do a driveway project with my dad on his car. The car is an automatic as well. He wants to have the motor built for it as well so maybe I could get some feedback on how much power these 3v's make with smaller pulley sets ups.

Thanks,
TJ

tj04cobra

Established Member
Nobody :shrug:. Just wondering which kit is a better install since these cars don't come blown like the 03-04 cobras. Not wanting to start a pissing match. Thanks again.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
The 2.3 is plenty of blower for your car. No problem getting 550-600rwhp out of her.

What are your goals?

tj04cobra

Established Member
The 2.3 is plenty of blower for your car. No problem getting 550-600rwhp out of her.

What are your goals?

Thanks for the reply. My dad (the car in question is his) just wants the car to make great power safely now and have the ability to crank out more hp/tq if and when he decides to support it with a beefier bottom end. I honestly don't think he will get that far on the car tho once he puts one of the basic kits advertised for stock motors once he sees the power it makes over stock. My guess is he will stop at the blower.

He presented the idea of kenne bells 2.6 kit first. I have been looking into it for the last couple of days and I think the 2.3 whipple kit would be best for him. I've read the kit is easier to install, the customer service at whipple is great and of course the power is good. Those things are what I'd like to hear people chime in on, mainly customer service and warranty back ups. Not looking to help him make some record breaking car. A whipple almost looks oem on any modular motor too.

Users who are viewing this thread