2.3 Whipple Gen 2 and 60# Injectors

cmnorman

Established Member
I am looking to upgrade to a 2.9 and so the 2.3 is up for sale. It was on the car when I bought it, my understanding is that it went on around 20k miles and I have about 43k miles on it now. It was off about 2,000 miles ago during my engine build and was inspected and everything checked out. The car is at the shop right now getting a few odds and ends wrapped up and I thought it would be a good time to make the swap. Since the car is in the shop I don't have a photo with my screen name next to the blower itself but I do have one on the hood of the car and a photo under the hood, hopefully that will suffice until I can get down there with a piece of paper since the shop is about 1 hr 15 min from home.

Also for sale are my 60# injectors, when the blower was off the injectors were sent out and cleaned and flow matched before going back in, they have about 2,000 miles since cleaning and flow matching, not sure when they first went into service though.

Asking $2,600 shipped for the blower and $200 for the injectors (only available if I sell the blower at this point).

42BB1E77-0DC9-4408-A9BD-B54F6B7E7ACA.jpg

6BC11056-8C9C-47BC-B36E-B003A15604B1.jpg

6FEBEB9D-DB39-4846-8F92-BA18E594D8DC.jpg

Last edited:

cmnorman

Established Member
I'm interested in the injectors. What brand

I honestly don't know, the photo above is the only place I've seen them outside of the car. I can try to find out...just to be clear though, I can't sell the injectors unless the Whipple finds a home because I don't plan to pull it all apart until 2.3 is sold so I can order my 2.9 and ID1000's.

IllCobra

Established Member
No problem. I'm waiting to get my engine back anyway, which won't be for a couple weeks at least.
Forgive the dumb question, but these should work fine on a stock engine with a ported eaton, correct?

cmnorman

Established Member
From what I've read stock injectors should be ok until about 530 RWHP (per JimmySideCarr). They are pretty close to maxed out on my car at 673/638. If you are looking for room to grow then these should offer it, depends on what you expect to get out of your new setup.

IllCobra

Established Member
From what I've read stock injectors should be ok until about 530 RWHP (per JimmySideCarr). They are pretty close to maxed out on my car at 673/638. If you are looking for room to grow then these should offer it, depends on what you expect to get out of your new setup.
I already a BAP but just want the extra insurance with 60's since i'm going to be around the max limit.
If you get rid of your blower let me know asap and i'll send the funds. Thanks

IllCobra

Established Member
sounds good, will do. You sure you don't want to skip the porting and go for the Whipple? lol
lol i wish, but i already spent my mod money on getting my cobra running. It's already ported. Fingers crossed, next winter will be my blower upgrade.

IllCobra

Established Member
Good luck with it all! I just spent more than I care to admit getting mine back up and running a couple months ago. Bought it with a few problems that just got worse and worse as we went along. All the exciting details are in this thread: https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/build-progress.1131613/
Damn, that blows big time. I have a similar situation except i hoping my problem stopped at the heads. I'll find out for sure next week. At least you have a bad mofo now haha

Users who are viewing this thread