2.3 whipple e85 suggestions

twins27

Established Member
So to start im new to the mustang world and have owned one for about a year now and have the following mods done:
2.3 whipple (gen 2 @ 17lbs)
BF SBTB
FR 80lb inj
SCT 2600 MAF
KB BAP
Bassani catted SS midpipe
Borla Stinger CB
JLT RAI
AFCO HE
Aero fpr
and am putting down 582hp/532tq on 93. tried searching the site but the search engine sends me to a error page. But i want to switch this car over to e85. Wondering if the bap is even used when switching over or if i need to buy the complete kit off lethal performance(1000hp kit) or just the budget kit?I know i need a new top hat with dual pumps but which ones are people running or recommend.Do i need to run a new feed,return,rails exc. thanks for your help in advance.

Last edited:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
If you plan on staying at the power level you are currently at, then the budget kit with your 80 lb injectors should be fine with E85. If you think you're going to be turning up the wick in the near future, the 850 rwhp system is enough for the 2.3L on E85. The BAP will no longer be needed with either of these set-up's. Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

black-plasma

Established Member
I went with the 1200hp return kit. Can never be too safe on e85, even with the 2.3. Plus it allows room to grow.

runsonboost

Established Member
I can speak for some of the whipple guys, but my car made 589rwhp on 91 pump, on E85 the GT pumps/stock hat wasnt having it and the car ran out of fuel at a lowly 4500rpm, but was making 603rwhp. Also consider the timing had to be nuetered to 22* or the pumps would fall off sooner. I would say you could realistically expect at least 630-640 on your setup.

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
I can speak for some of the whipple guys, but my car made 589rwhp on 91 pump, on E85 the GT pumps/stock hat wasnt having it and the car ran out of fuel at a lowly 4500rpm, but was making 603rwhp. Also consider the timing had to be nuetered to 22* or the pumps would fall off sooner. I would say you could realistically expect at least 630-640 on your setup.

I was making 657whp with the Gt pumps , bap , wire upgrade, 80s injectors on E85 ..I think u were missing something or tuner was

runsonboost

Established Member
I had a -8 feed line. Kurgan tuned it he said they were tapped. From like 4500rpm up the fpdc was 100%, then fp started dropping at 5k. I saw alot of cars making mid 600 with GT pumps, mine just didnt have it in em. I bought them used though.

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
I had a -8 feed line. Kurgan tuned it he said they were tapped. From like 4500rpm up the fpdc was 100%, then fp started dropping at 5k. I saw alot of cars making mid 600 with GT pumps, mine just didnt have it in em. I bought them used though.

That's probably your issue .. one of mine gt pumps now is going south ..7k miles on them .car gets lean at 5500 as we speak .. so been just cruising..Car runs super smooth no signs of anything, just one weak fuel pump ..I just sold my returnless set up , going return and not looking back .. Lethal 850whp kit with 340lph strykers

black-plasma

Established Member
Yeah I think I'm just going to go with the 1000 jp kit. Are you running on a stock motor? Lmk what numbers you see.

Thanks 4 everyone's help and information .much appreciated

Yes, stock motor. Just got my new Gen 3 Division X hat today with the Bosch405 pumps. I'll start installing everything this weekend and dyno numbers will follow. Then a trip to the track for some real numbers...

black-plasma

Established Member
Probably won't have any numbers for a couple weeks yet. I'll be out of town all next week.

twins27

Established Member
Any numbers yet black plasma? Buying my kit this week and should be on the run by the following.

black-plasma

Established Member
Just got my car back on Friday. Would of had it done weeks ago but we had some issues with the inlet that delayed things. I'm now heading out of town for a week so I just need to get the tune dialed in when I get back and then I'll finally put it on a dyno. A few guys have made 700+ on a 2.3 and e85 already if you want to find more info sooner.

twins27

Established Member
I've got my fuel system in and am waiting to get it in for dyno tuning now but when you mentioned people running over 700 there running more boost aren't they?

Users who are viewing this thread