2.3 TVS with GT500 Mechanical TB

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
So after talking with Justin and Steve at Texas World Speedway while my friend got his GT500 TVS tuned by Justin ... I learned that VMP was releasing a GT500 mechanical TB for our cars for the 2.3l tvs

I am interested in this but I can't find much info on it ... It is not on their website but the threads i found on the topic were older threads saying late '12 early '13

Is this product not out yet?? I won't be switching from a 2.3l whipple to a 2.3l tvs alone .. but the idea of changing intakes too makes me consider upgrading

right now i see 611rwhp at 17lbs with lt's .. i would imagine the tvs along with the larger tb and inlet could net somewhere around the 650rwhp range:burnout:

Last edited:

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
I cant see 700rwhp on a stock longblock TVS unless E85 is in play or race gas...

I have often thrown around the idea of swapping to the tvs for the extra torque myself after seeing many members results....but dont discount the little whipple, look at the numbers 04sleeper did on his with corn...IIRC 700ish

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member

mustang john

Established Member
All i was getting at was that if 650rwhp was the goal there was no need to wait for the GT500 setup since its very common with the available TB setups they have now.

AND i did say closer to 700rwhp not that it will make 700rwhp... lol

TVS VERT

Established Member
I cant see 700rwhp on a stock longblock TVS unless E85 is in play or race gas...

I have often thrown around the idea of swapping to the tvs for the extra torque myself after seeing many members results....but dont discount the little whipple, look at the numbers 04sleeper did on his with corn...IIRC 700ish

Ill show you as soon as the inlet comes out my friend... :beer:

My car made 681/642 at 21psi and 19* timing on pump gas/torco.......Cant see it being an issues making another 20-25rwhp to put me over the 700 mark.....ive had the SCJ Monoblade sitting on a shelf now for about 5 months it will be bolted on soon.:beer:

Last edited:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
SCJ monoblade?? what is that?

so your 681rwhp with 19* and 21lbs is WITH the larger gt500 tb and inlet??

how are you getting 21psi? 2.6" upper?

do you have longtubes with the setup?

any word on when this will be released for the 2.3l tvs?

thanks for any info...

Last edited:

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
GT500 Mechanical TB, you'll need a TPS adapter from James Hellerman and a 2V IAC too.

Last edited:

TVS VERT

Established Member
GT500 Mechanical TB, you'll need a TPS adapter from James Hellerman and a 2V IAC too.

Wont need the adapter i can promise you that the new inlet is designed for that TB and i was lucky enough when i picked it up used it already on a 03-04 cobra with an eaton i think so its just plug in....but it did come with a adapter from James

TVS VERT

Established Member
SCJ monoblade?? what is that?

so your 681rwhp with 19* and 21lbs is WITH the larger gt500 tb and inlet??

how are you getting 21psi? 2.6" upper?

do you have longtubes with the setup?

any word on when this will be released for the 2.3l tvs?

thanks for any info...

the SCJ monoblade is the ford racing large monobalde throttle bodies that are used on the Super Cobra Jet race cars that have mechical linkage.

it made 681/642 on a dragon thottle body/inlet...not the new not released inlet.

My car made 21 psi on the 2.6 in CT in canada it makes 22psi, im seeing 19-20 psi with the 2.8 pulley.....The 2.6 isnt managable on the street with drag radials.

Yes the car has longtubes

Inlet should be out first part of may from what ive been told.

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
That was info from someone running the prototype. I'm sure it is or will be improved to be more "plug and play".

mustang john

Established Member
Senkak is running the prototype setup, his car has been the test bed for all the TVS stuff for our cars. The GT500 setup will be a plenum and TB option just like the other three setups out there for the TVS on our 03-04 Cobras.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
thanks for the info Danny

im actually surprised that you see 19-20lbs with that 2.8" WITH lt's

they advertised it to be 18lbs with the stock lower

Users who are viewing this thread