2.3 tvs problems

malo012000

Established Member
I recently put on a 2.3 tvs with 3.3 upper and 4lbs lower and with new coils and plugs the car has a slight miss idling. Also when you wot it,it will rev up and if you do it again it cuts out completely for a second then jumps back in like it never cut out. It has been tuned by Kurgan in Georgia and he is a great tunner but this is killing me. He thinks it could be my alternator because it will drop voltage to 12.3 on wot at times. Could this be true or is there other problems. I have a mechman alternator coming after thanksgiving.
Also car has vmp bap and stock pumps 60lbs injectors and sct big air mass meter.

Please help me.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
what coils? Did you go back and check that they're all fully seated on the plug and connector fully seated? I've had that happen before being in a hurry.

is it fine just cruising or is it still missing then too?

12.3 is too low, I was told anything under 13@wot isn't good as the fuel flow will fall off substantially

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm going with alternator. When mine was on the verge of checking out, it would cut out under boost.

I had another issue which was self inflicted that caused the same issue. I unhooked my FRPS because my car is deadhead return and I didn't know that 04sleeper left the FRPS in my tune. I hooked it back up and my cutting out under throttle issues went away again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread