2.3 turbo 4 in the redesigned Mustang?

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Turbo 4 banger was cool in a light fox body, but you put it in a 4000lb cow and its a whole different story!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Turbo 4 banger was cool in a light fox body, but you put it in a 4000lb cow and its a whole different story!

Its all relative. Back then it was a crappy motor in a light chassis. now itll be a good motor in a heavier one.

Would be sick if Ford builds it right. Otherwise I dont see it being better than the current na 6 offering when accounting for mass production justification. It would need 350hp out of a 2.4L I4 Turbocharged powerplant and priced between a 6 and GT for anyone with means and know-how to mod it to even give it a glance, and good luck with that.

btw Top Gear is likely referencing the fact its still a 2.3L that the mustangs have had in years past displacement wise, not necessarily the fact its an actual 2.3L that they would use today.

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
If the focus RS were to come to the us I would most likely buy one, provided it isn't 30k+ and fwd. I would consider a SVO mustang with 300+ hp and sub 3300lbs for under 30k.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
if its a 320bhp and 280tq you can forget it in a mustang.

Now put that combo in a fiesta AWD/RWD size chassis and you'd have a real winner!

Users who are viewing this thread