2.3 or 3.4 whipple?

peteys101

Established Member
Hey guys i am planning on going with a whipple for my s/c upgrade and i know how you need new fuel system and air intake supporting mods to really get the performance out of the bigger s/c. My question is since the 3.4 is meant to run over 21 psi is this going to be to much boost for the stock motor to handle and be a ticking time bomb or should i just go with the 2.3?

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
If you are wanting to run high psi and have bigger plans for it then go 3.4

The 3.4 is much more efficient at higher psi.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
High PSI and Pump gas don't mix. That's when you run into problems.

Highest I run on pump gas (91) is 15-16 psi. Some guys on here have been running 19psi and nothing has happened but your tune has to be spot on and that is with 93. But once you start getting around 19-20+psi on pump, you're asking for shit to start ****ing up, IMO.

Last edited:

SVTgsxrdude

Established Member
you need to figure out what your short term and long term power goals are also in doing this decide if this is your DD or just a weekend car drag car of jsut a street macheen if

i made the # in my sig with a 2.3 whipple and im running 3.5 upper and a 4lb lower and a conservitve tune

hope this helps:beer:

Fat-cat

Established Member
you need to figure out what your short term and long term power goals are also in doing this decide if this is your DD or just a weekend car drag car of jsut a street macheen if

i made the # in my sig with a 2.3 whipple and im running 3.5 upper and a 4lb lower and a conservitve tune

hope this helps:beer:

x2

however with the price difference with the 3.4 now i would probably go that route. As i want more power now lol. Also with the 3.4 you need some extra parts but nothing crazy. the 2.3 can make all the power you want it to ... if you goals are to stay under 700 wheel .

Im going the boost and 75 shot of spray route on race gas and should get me high 600wheel numbers and all the fun i can want for track and street.

Users who are viewing this thread