2.2 KB Cobra on e85 vs Rx7 LS3 swap

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
1) You guys are bat shit for racing with that much traffic present. That semi-truck in the first race could've spelled some serious trouble.

2) To me it looks like he only won one race which was where you missed 3rd. A bit difficult to tell by how much because of the camera positioning (you should've faced the in-car cam backwards) but you could see he clearly wasn't ahead.

3) Your other camera guys suck. Their cams were blurry af and they couldn't stay focus

laruei

Established Member
How is that an LS3 swap? It has cathedral heads.

Please explain.

And thanks everyone. I wanted to make sure I wasn't loosing my mind on the race win numbers. There were complaints that since he wasn't on drag radials he was spinning....I said well I guess you didn't bring enough to win then and offered him a rematch when he got some real tires...

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
when no gears were missed or the cobra was hooking, the cobra was either reeling the mazda in. That's enough proof for me.

Good driving btw. Do you have a WOT box? If so, how much ms is the ignition kill set to? I think mines at 150 for my granny shifting self.:bash:

Last edited:

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
243 heads are the stock LS6 castings which are cathedral port heads and not square port like the LS3 and LS7 heads. Your car runs strong. My last Terminator had almost the same setup other than a SRA swap with 3.73's. Love the 2.2 whine.

Detoxx03

El Cucuy
Established Member
Good kills. LS swapped Rx7's are where it's at. It's not a LS3 swap though if it has 243 heads on it. Love the flames in between shifts.

96lazervert

Established Member
That is a poorly setup 418 ls3 in a stupid light car. Properly done, the cobra wouldn't have a chance. 470whp is all I need to see. Pathetic for that amount of cubes. Nice cobra none the less

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
I know the owner of the RX7 personally from back when he lived in Tucson. If I remember correctly thats a stock LS3 not a 418 like you said. I text him to see what's really done since it's been a year since I have seen him

laruei

Established Member
Cool I'm interested to hear what he says as we've (cobra crew) heard 100 stories about what it has and/or what it puts down.

laruei

Established Member
Oh yea we've heard the "totally stock" story before as well. The description in the video though came from the horses mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread