2.1 Kenne Bell on 01 GT

Spursguy123

Established Member
Hi guys long time lurker here. I recently ordered the 2.1 Kenne Bell Kit for my 2001 GT. Can anyone recommend a performance shop in or near San Antonio that can do the install and dyno tune. Any idea on how much the install and tune should cost including the programmer? Anyone near me have a 2.1 on a 2v that can possibly provide some guidance if I would do the install myself?

Thanks in advance.

andy_mer03

Honestly, if you take your time and follow directions, it's a breeze. I installed my 2.1 KB on my 03' GT in about a week, working on it in the evenings after wife and baby went to bed. A friend of mine had to come over with a belt sander in order to shave down the alternator, and you'll need a hand sitting the blower/intercooler on top of the motor, but that's really all. Literally every step has a caption and a picture attached. The majority of the tools you need to install the kit are included. So, take your time. You won't regret putting it on yourself. If you ever have problems, you'll know where to start on your own. Good luck!

Spursguy123

Established Member
Honestly, if you take your time and follow directions, it's a breeze. I installed my 2.1 KB on my 03' GT in about a week, working on it in the evenings after wife and baby went to bed. A friend of mine had to come over with a belt sander in order to shave down the alternator, and you'll need a hand sitting the blower/intercooler on top of the motor, but that's really all. Literally every step has a caption and a picture attached. The majority of the tools you need to install the kit are included. So, take your time. You won't regret putting it on yourself. If you ever have problems, you'll know where to start on your own. Good luck!

Thanks I think I'm going to go this route. What were your numbers?

Users who are viewing this thread