1st to pass 36k miles?

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
am I the first?

I drive it daily to work and sometimes out of state... time to go crazy... maybe consider the cams that I've seen posted here

:beer:

stangin

Established Member
Originally posted by ygohome
am I the first?

I drive it daily to work and sometimes out of state... time to go crazy... maybe consider the cams that I've seen posted here

36,000.. its old, time for a rebuild now :) I have thought about Cams, my only problem with Cams is you will loose the bottom end torque (the fun seat of the pants feeling) and have to rev it way up there before you get it back. Even a port and polish job would do the same. I am not sure you will want to rev it so high.. better to have the torque down low. Time for a KB!

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
once I get my Jeep running again soon I will let the Cobra rest. No more worries about the warrenty though :beer:

KDog

Established Member
Lani! Where are you!?

Hehe. There's an 03 owner here on the island that is close, if not over 36K

andrew03

Established Member
i have 7,800 on mine and had it 3 months, it had 4,200 on it when i bought it, it was used.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Originally posted by KDog
Lani! Where are you!?

Hehe. There's an 03 owner here on the island that is close, if not over 36K

I wa thinking the same thing...LOL.

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
Originally posted by forane2001
Any major problems during that 36000 miles?
thanks
:read:

The one 'major' problem I had was with the throw out bearing and retainer sleeve. The retainer sleeve was broken and required a transmission replacement at about 14k if I remember correctly.

But 'guru has found a solution for that if anyone should have the same problem:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=617746&highlight=BC3#post617746

other than that it has been terrific.

LANIGRL

CrazyCobraLady
Established Member
BO , Kev ... Sorry didn't see this thread . BO ? Thanks for driving my COBRA last nite at the Track . I LOVE to see that car move .. Im driving all the time, dont get to see the car move !!! I have close to 38,000 miles on my Cobra . I LOVE THIS CAR !!!! no major problems, oil change at 500 mi. and every 3-5 after that. She is all Stock and the only thing I have problems with are the TIRES !! Z rated <sigh> turn a corner , sit a couple red lights and my tread is gone !!! This car makes me smile !!!

Users who are viewing this thread