1st to 2nd grind when cold

cdh027

Established Member
I've had my Cobra since May and every morning when the car (more like the transfluid) is cold, it gives a slight grind into 2nd gear a couple of times until it warms up. After it's warm, it's smooth sailing. Anybody else experiancing this and if so, is there a fix ?:??:

soniccobra 03

SONIC SLO POKE
Established Member
I'd say let it warm up some and see if that helps or you could try a different tranny fluid........

cdh027

Established Member
I was thinking of trying royal purple for max benefits, but the fact that I would need to change the trans fluid on a brand new car with a little over 1200 miles on it kind of sucks ?????

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
Low fluid level could cause this, I'd take to the dealer and let them check the fluid level, clutch adjustement and if those are ok, then you need a new transmission.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
Every standard transmision car I have ever owned does this in the cold New England winters, that includes fall too around here. It's no big deal, let the car warm up a few min. and shift from 1st to 2nd slowly on the first few times, you could even try double clutching. The tranny fluid is really thick when its cold and takes a few min to get flowing properly.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Yeah mine does that. Althought i havent noticed it much lately but it seems normal.

Im thinking of getting the Synchro Rebuild kit for mine but I'll wait till the shifting gets harder....if it should turn out to be that case :eek:

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by cdh027
Anybody else experiancing this and if so, is there a fix ?:??:

ya let it warm up before you get on it! Its just the fact of life when buying a Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread