1st time posting pics of my 2010 EVO.

Go Down South

Established Member
The difference in how these cars look when they're lowered is real nice. Stock height, I HATE how these things look but I really love em lowered.

All 3 are great looking cars, all tastefully modded as well.

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
Nice evo! What are the pros and cons of owning an evo? How is the DD and reliability (12's few mods running about 20 psi)? What would you recommend for a domestic guy going to import? An evo 8 9 or X?

I would recommend a 2006 EVO IX or a 2008 EVO X. When I had my EVO IX bone stock I ran a 13.2 @ 104mph. I added a turbo back exhaust and went 12.9 @ 106. Never ran it after that again. That was on stock boost, paper air filter, everything else stock and untuned.

Pros:
4 Doors
AWD
EVO IX has good trunk space
Repond well to modifications

Cons:
Gas Mileage is average

If it's going to be your DD I recommed the X as it has more creature comforts like better seats, cruise control etc. If it is a weekened racer I would recommed the IX.

If you have specific questions I could go on and on all day long so PM me and I will be glad to help.

SVTBeatdown13

Travis Barker Jr.
Established Member
I like it! Love the white, wheels and wingless look. I just wish they weren't so expensive. I wouldn't mind an older one.

NateV8

Established Member
Very nice! IMO white is one of the best looking colors on an Evo. I'm thinking about getting an 8 or 9 and would like one in WW, EB, or RR. How much faster is your X than your IX was? I know the X has around 90 more HP but there is a pretty big weight difference right?

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
That dark grey one would be awesome if it was lowered and wingless. Nice cars.

The grey EVO is lowered on Swift springs.

Very nice! IMO white is one of the best looking colors on an Evo. I'm thinking about getting an 8 or 9 and would like one in WW, EB, or RR. How much faster is your X than your IX was? I know the X has around 90 more HP but there is a pretty big weight difference right?

The weight difference is very minimal. A stock EVO IX will barely beat a stock EVO X. The 4G63 stock out of the box has a better top end then the 4B11. The EVO X handles better when pushed to the limits around a track though.

As far as how much faster is my X compared to my IX, night and day. Just raced my buddies IX that made 412whp and 392wtq and beat him by 2.5 cars from 40-120.

vulture

Established Member
Love that thing without the huge effin wing. Nice car man, I think it's time for some videos.

Users who are viewing this thread