1st time ever to the track

cobra21987

Established Member
I went to the track for the first time and was pretty content with the results. My best time was 12.05 at 124 mph quarter mile. I had bald nitto drag radials on. Any ideas to being able to hook up better our get better times. It was a absolute blast

cobra21987

Established Member
im so addicted its awesome i have adjustable toxico shocks but dont know what the settings should be at

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
Can you post the breakdown of your slip? 60', 1/8, 1/8 MPH, 1/4 and 1/4 MPH. How did you launch? Tires will definitely be your first step. What was your air pressure at in the Nittos? Just because they are bald doesn't mean they can't hook. What is your current suspension setup? You don't want to change too many things at once as you want to get to know your car as best you can. I suggest getting a set of tires (BFG or MT DRs) and getting to the track early and often. This way you can get your launch down, which is the key to the whole run. Get in with a track rental and you can get a ton of runs. How was the weather when you ran? With all of the tire spin and trying to manage it you lost mph also. Good luck.
Also I would stay away from ET streets and Slicks for now until you get used to the track, you have to walk before you can run.

Last edited:

cobra21987

Established Member
my tire pressure was set at 18psi and i got toxico drag shocks and bbk coil overs with sve control arms with 3.73s with a 8.8 solid axle. I would post my time slip but i dont know how lol. I barely launched hard at all cause my first run i launched at 3k and got a ridic amount of wheel spin

DEMARCO313

Established Member
Nice run. Better tires with a harder launch would do wonders. With that mph you should be low 11s to high 10s with a low enough 60ft.

Was 124 your highest trap speed of the day?

Users who are viewing this thread