1st time back to the track with the twins...

turbo'd 03

Established Member
Well I got rid of the M/T 315's and put a set of 295/45/17's. They really work alot better. The 1st few passes I was just getting used to driving the car again, and getting off the line since i did'nt have the two step hooked up. My third pass was a 11.9 with a 2.6ft. Not very good I know On the 4th pass I turned up the boost to 20#'s droped the tires to 16psi and was going to let her rip. As you will see in the vid I shifted into 2nd at 20psi and she dead hooked and snaped the drivers side halfshaft.:bash:

I guess I'm gonna break down and get a SRA:??::shrug:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Pn8CpjHPU]YouTube - 2003 Cobra Broken halfshaft at TV[/ame]

cohhbra

Established Member
hmm, i figured it would be a really loud noise...how when you snap a halfshaft does it not go twirling around back there and mess everything up?

turbo'd 03

Established Member
hmm, i figured it would be a really loud noise...how when you snap a halfshaft does it not go twirling around back there and mess everything up?
Oh its pretty loud in the car. It snaps the outside CV joint. The rubber boot keeps the shaft from flooping around.:cuss:

Was that a stock halfshaft? Lordy
yep my third one...:nonono:

rtusnake

Established Member
I've broken 3 myself. Going to wait for the s&s chassis's halfshafts to come out. I believe those will hold

Users who are viewing this thread