??? >1st time ,at track with ....

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
You better be around 18psi and 3-4k and slip the clutch. I dont see nittos hooking 650hp on a launch.

Have you ever run at the track? I highly doubt you will click off 10's your first time out.

boston03cobra

mineral gray cobra
Established Member
my kb car with 600 at the wheels didden't hook at all with the nittos my last time at the track no matter how I launched it,it was street nite so the prep wasn't that good but the best i could muster was 11.7 at 132mph with a 2.0 60'.u might need et streets to get into the tens depending how your track is.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
At least unhook your front swaybar and let it hang there. I just took mine completely off though. Even by not ever doing it you can have it off the car in under 30 minutes. Plus while you're under there you can rip some of that plastic out from under the car that does nothing.

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
I couldnt hook my nittos with 500rwhp on a test and tune night 1-3 was useless. I couldnt even dump it at 3k

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^Man just try the tires you got now. Just do a long burnout with around 18 psi and slip the clutch at about 3,500 really fast. Not a dump but a fast slip. Then once it's engaged then let it rip. You've been wanting/talking about doing this for a while so go and do it! LOL. If you get kicked out then just get some tires for next time. You can at least go off of your mph regardless and then know what the car can probably do next time. In other words if it traps 130 then you've got an easy 10.80 car or better.

MVD

Established Member
^Man just try the tires you got now................You've been wanting/talking about doing this for a while so go and do it! LOL.

+100000000000

You have been talking about going to race forever. Internet racing is gay, just go see what works for your car. Low tire pressure and clutch slip is going to be your frined, because there is no way you are going to hook almost 650 to the tires on a Nitto.

MVD

Established Member
i only get '' 1 PASS. due to no roll bar.
so it got to be perfect!!!

Please do not assume just because your car makes some power that you can get it to ET, especially considering all these questions you are asking. As stated before, you will be lucky to run sub 11.5's the first time out.

Being fast at a drag strip is entirely different than being fast on a freeway.

Users who are viewing this thread