1st Time at the track 03 cobra

Dark Side

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Well guys after having my 03 Cobra for about 2 months i took her to the track for some runs. Mods are bassani no cat x-pipe, and a borla cat back + a set of worn out sumitomo tires. i only got one run out then it started to rain and they shut it down. On top of all that i forgot to take trac. control off lol. Any tips or tricks for next time would be greatly appreciated.

R/T .467
60- 2.499
330- 6.043
1/8- 8.809
MPH-88.99
1000- 11.162
1/4- 13.133
MPH- 113.76

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Well if your 60' was more like 2.0 then you would be around at least mid 12's or even lower. Practice your launch and it will all fall together - or just get rid of those crap tires. The key to launching is to not spin and lay down the power as fast as you can.

Oh and if it hops get out of the gas immediately.

Dark Side

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Thx for the info man. I will be getting a new set of tires (nitto 555's) before i go back to the track in late sept. Now I had trac. control on, should i have it on or off for the launch ? Cuz the car bogged out real bad when it kicked in, which if it was off i think my 60ft would have been lower. What do u guys think ?

wazslow

Established Member
Dark Side said:
Thx for the info man. I will be getting a new set of tires (nitto 555's) before i go back to the track in late sept. Now I had trac. control on, should i have it on or off for the launch ? Cuz the car bogged out real bad when it kicked in, which if it was off i think my 60ft would have been lower. What do u guys think ?

Traction control off! Takes practice, lots of it! It sucks trying to run these cars on stock tires, they wheel hop so much its no fun. I put on MT radials 275x40x17 and with an upper pulley and exhaust the car went 1.66 60' and 11.7@118! Tires make a huge difference. Oh and it never wheel hops, even on the street!

03cobra_fl

Established Member
My first time was in WA state. Completely stock with 39PSI in the rear and ran a 13.8 at 110mph with a 2.6 60ft. Second run I lowered the rear to 25PSI and ran a 13.6 at 100, I missed 4the grear and coasted through the 1/4 I think I would of ran a 13.1 or 13.2 if that didnt happen. Now I have exhaust, intake and 50shifter. Once I put my pulley and tune I will take her to track down here in TX. I've owned many Gt's in the past, just have to get used this IRS and extra power.

Users who are viewing this thread