1st through 3rd pull.

Snoopy49

Established Member
[video=youtube;3BNrVRPOt7A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BNrVRPOt7A&feature=youtu.be[/video]

ktulu1984

Established Member
No, it just finally started to hook up at the top of second. It was spinning the tires all the way to that point. Going to No Problem Raceway tomorrow night in Belle Rose, LA. Going to see what I can do with her with the street tires. One day I may invest in some DRs, but I don't want it to be only a drag car. If anyone else lives around South East Louisiana, yall should come. A few of my friends are bringing their cars. A 2010 ACR Viper, 2013 5.0 with the Roush Supercharger and auto trans, and a C5 Z06. Should be a good night, and the weather won't be too horrible, maybe just a little too cold.

ktulu1984

Established Member
Also, they are set up to go to 7k for a few seconds when drag racing, shouldn't be an issue bklynpanman.

paluka21

Established Member
No, it just finally started to hook up at the top of second. It was spinning the tires all the way to that point. Going to No Problem Raceway tomorrow night in Belle Rose, LA. Going to see what I can do with her with the street tires. One day I may invest in some DRs, but I don't want it to be only a drag car. If anyone else lives around South East Louisiana, yall should come. A few of my friends are bringing their cars. A 2010 ACR Viper, 2013 5.0 with the Roush Supercharger and auto trans, and a C5 Z06. Should be a good night, and the weather won't be too horrible, maybe just a little too cold.

Car doesn't have to be a drag only car to run drag radials. The NT555R tire actually does half decent in the rain, as I've ran them for years and found them to be a decent middle ground between hook and traction if I drove in the rain. When you have 715rwhp, or over 800hp at the crank, a radial tire like a Michelin or Goodyear is going to get annihilated. As you were saying, if you want to hook and not spin as bad, you'll need to run a better tire out back. Spinning 'ain't winning, which is why I always invest in suspension/tires before adding more power.

ktulu1984

Established Member
That's correct. I was thinking about the NT555Rs. I drive my car everyday when I am in from work and the tires need to be decent in the rain. We also have a Suburban, but I like driving my cars, not keeping them locked up, lol.

paluka21

Established Member
That's correct. I was thinking about the NT555Rs. I drive my car everyday when I am in from work and the tires need to be decent in the rain. We also have a Suburban, but I like driving my cars, not keeping them locked up, lol.

Don't blame you a bit for not keeping them locked away. If you were really concerned about the NT555R tire, you could also look into something like the Toyo R888 as well. But personally, I would drive a car with an NT555R tire on it daily, even though they will wear quite a bit quicker than a tire like standard radial.
BTW, Metallica fan I see? '84 was a good year.

Evil_E

Established Member
Nothing like "fight fire with fire" to get the adrenaline pumping while driving a 800+hp car! RTL was my first Metallica album and still my favorite. :beer:

One of my favorites as well. I actually saw them for the first time on the RTL tour and got to see them again on the Masters tour. They were so awesome back then. Now, not so much. Thank God bands like Slayer, Anthrax, and Testament are still true to their original sound and roots.

paluka21

Established Member
One of my favorites as well. I actually saw them for the first time on the RTL tour and got to see them again on the Masters tour. They were so awesome back then. Now, not so much. Thank God bands like Slayer, Anthrax, and Testament are still true to their original sound and roots.

Nice, so you saw them with Burton? Closest I've come is watching "Cliff 'em all" DVD. :sleeping:

Evil_E

Established Member
Nice, so you saw them with Burton? Closest I've come is watching "Cliff 'em all" DVD. :sleeping:
Yes I did get to see them when Cliff was still alive, twice. I've seen pretty much all the badass thrash metals bands from the 80's in the 80's to current tours.

paluka21

Established Member
Sorry Ktulu for sabotaging your thread with Metallica stuff. ;-) Unfortunately I never got to see Metallica live. Back in the day I always wanted to see Anthrax and Suicidal as well....

BTW- Are you certain that you're spinning at 90mph in 2nd? I ask because it did look like clutch slip, unless you may have peddled it when it got squirrely.

Users who are viewing this thread