1st oil change---ford didnt stock the oil or filter

huggytree

Established Member
I have 1200 miles on my 13...i typically change the oil on all my new cars after the first 1,000 miles....i figure it has TONS of metal debris from breaking in the engine and i want to clean it out

i called the dealer 1st because i figured they may not have what i need in stock...and i was right....they had neither the filter nor the correct oil

2 hours later they called and were ready for me.....i was surprised to find out that the 5w55 was only used in the 13gt500 and the Ford GT

thats why they didnt have it.....

heard lots of complaining from the guy under the car....the oil filter was hard to get at

this was the same dealer who had offered so generously to order me a new 14 for $5,000 sticker....so i loved shoving my price in their face... to me $5k over sticker is outright gouging.....they wanted to make $10k profit on me.....so i made sure the salesmen knew how i felt

so when i pull up EVERYONE at the dealer is watching...i had 15-20 people come over to say hi and check out the car...many took photo's....the oil change guys all took a break and stood over my car....it took 2 guys to hold the oil quarts and 1 guy to fill.....they kept passing the quarts one at a time to each other....kinda funny...

i get some attention in my SRT Challenger....ive had people pull over and take photo's....but the attention i got at the Ford dealer was 5x-10x more....i was the rock star today.

is $112 typical for an oil change?

Marc

Established Member
I had them change the oil yesterday in my Shelby. They had to order the filter/oil for mine as well the week prior. They told me they just don't do that many oil changes on that type of car so they don't keep it in stock.

VaporDude

Established Member
I use full synthetic in all my cars and the dealer stocks up on it jsut for me. I have never had a problem with the very small dealer I go to.

BN4492

Established Member
You can get amsoil and a good filter for less than 112.00. That's doing it yourself though.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
I think the 2013/14 Mustang GT 5.0 with the track pack also uses the 5w-50 oil.

Yep, they use 5w50 as well.

And $112 is expensive. Do it yourself.

I just changed my oil for the 2nd time in my Shelby this past Saturday. 9 qts of Mobil 1 5w50 cost me $55, and a $12 filter. So you basically got charged $40+ more, and for Motorcraft oil I believe.

Cam

n/a
Established Member
The filter is nothing special, they should have it in stock. My dealer is great, and I let them change the oil in my DD, but no way would I let them touch my GT500, or my SRT8 for that matter.

huggytree

Established Member
they said Ford recommends 5w55

they gave me the option of full synthetic or not....i thought it HAD to use synthetic?

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
Until my warranty is up or the other oil manufactures add that "B" to their specification, as much as I don't like it...she will be getting Motorcraft SAE 5w-50 Specification WSS-M2C931-B. I see some of the other oil manufacturers with an "A" at the end of their "Meets Ford Specification WSS-M2C931-A". Until I see a "B", Motorcraft is what it will be. I don't know whats in it to make a "B", but I'm not going to find out gambling with a $20k engine. I've gone toe to toe with Ford before on Warranty issues, am not going to give them any excuse to void my arse...

nickf2005

Established Member
$112 is about right, but a tad high. I think mine was just under $100 a few weeks ago.

shetheri

Established Member
The "A" to B" on the engineering spec is the revision level. It could be something as simple as a change to a test method referenced in the spec or even verbiage clarifications. It is very uncommon to have a significant performance change merely on a rev level change. If there was a major difference between the two a new WSS would have been issued.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
The dealers are not stocking FL820S oil filters? That's a pretty common filter. Walmart has them for $4. The 2011-13 GT 5.0 filters are harder to find.

Cam

n/a
Established Member
Until my warranty is up or the other oil manufactures add that "B" to their specification, as much as I don't like it...she will be getting Motorcraft SAE 5w-50 Specification WSS-M2C931-B...............but I'm not going to find out gambling with a $20k engine. I've gone toe to toe with Ford before on Warranty issues, am not going to give them any excuse to void my arse...

Agreed, not worth the risk and dealer goodwill probably won't prevail when the factory denies the claim. Ford 5W50 and Ford filter, with receipts!

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I picked up Mobil-1 on sale, and bought a Motorcraft filter.

My favorite part was a semi-poopy angle getting the filter, and the "remove for oil service" deflector... which obviously didn't need removed...

NELCO

Established Member
In California, There is no way you get an oil change of 9.5 quarts of 5-50 full synthectic and oil filter plus labor at a ford dearership.

Users who are viewing this thread