1st mod!

02Lightningbolt

It JuSt A tRuCk!!!
Established Member
I got a JLP ram air kit for a $100 there is a huge difference! :rockon:
Also what does the average 2002 Lightning put down stock?
And how much of a increase should i expect from the intake?

Last edited:

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Congrats on your first mod. About 330-340hp. One of my friends just put his on, and he loves it. Enjoy and let the modding begin.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Get a pulley and a tune, but best bang for the buck is a Valve Body! (I still don't have one though :( )

LightningMAS

Banned
dude .. intake on a L aint that big of a diffrence..lol only except the loud whine!!! and gain a lb. of boost..

get a 6# lower pulley and FTVB and she will wake up!!... also get a handheld tuner and get the truck tuned and she will be diffrent truck!! :) :thumbsup:

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
LightningMAS said:
dude .. intake on a L aint that big of a diffrence..lol only except the loud whine!!! and gain a lb. of boost..

get a 6# lower pulley and FTVB and she will wake up!!... also get a handheld tuner and get the truck tuned and she will be diffrent truck!! :) :thumbsup:

+1. Then your really going to see your gas needle drop!

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
Now that I got my FTVB in, I want a 6lb. and a pred. Damn all of you. You know the mod bug that everybody talks about?? There is no mod bug. The "mod bug" is a cover-up name for all the guys on SVTP that force you to spend all your savings on parts. ahhhhhhh!!!!!! It's a big conspiracy between the aftermarket and SVTP members.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
welcome to the site man, and to mcafferty too.

i just put mine on and it sounds amazing! im looking forward to the pulley change. i cant say i noticed any difference in power by seat of the pants, but im sure it makes a difference especially once i change out the lower pulley and get a tune.

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
HalfTime said:
Get a pulley and a tune, but best bang for the buck is a Valve Body! (I still don't have one though :( )

Wow amazing how much we sound alike :D

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
Five4Rider said:
Now that I got my FTVB in, I want a 6lb. and a pred. Damn all of you. You know the mod bug that everybody talks about?? There is no mod bug. The "mod bug" is a cover-up name for all the guys on SVTP that force you to spend all your savings on parts. ahhhhhhh!!!!!! It's a big conspiracy between the aftermarket and SVTP members.

Well, 'Mod Bug' does sound better than 'Wallet Draining high performance crack habbit' doesn't it?
:D

Users who are viewing this thread