1st. mod cost me 20 dollars...

20-COBRA-03

Banned
I bought some Aircraft remover for 20 bucks (gallon) and spent half the damn night scrubbing the paint off the back of my wheels, one wheel at a time. Started at like 8:00 PM, was going untill 2:00 AM. They look badass now though, i wish i knew how to post pics!

RiffRaff04

Established Member
Ive been thinking about doing this since im probably not gonna get new rims for another year. What is the actual name of the stuff you bought and where did you get it?

j080808

Established Member
I ended doing mine by accident last weekend. Had the wheels off to clean the wheel wells. Used some Wesleys Bleech White to clean the inside portion of the tires while I was at it. Of course the inside of the wheel got some on it and started to strip off the paint. Instead of freaking out like I usually would, I simply scrubbed it a few more times with the bleech white, dried them off, then took some fine steel wool and chrome cleaner and went at each wheel, took about 15 mintes each and now they sparkle.

20-COBRA-03

Banned
Its a gallon jug called Aircraft cleaner, it shows a plane on the front of the can. Purchased it from Auto Zone. There is a write up on how to apply it to the wheels in the how-to section of this web site. I got the Air craft Remover and a paint brush. The thread is listed under 'chrome OEM wheels' or something like that. It took me a shit load of time but it was well worth it, some girls almost drove off the highway checking out the Cobra today. Its a huge difference to me.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
20-COBRA-03 said:
I bought some Aircraft remover for 20 bucks (gallon) and spent half the damn night scrubbing the paint off the back of my wheels, one wheel at a time. Started at like 8:00 PM, was going untill 2:00 AM. They look badass now though, i wish i knew how to post pics!

send them to me...I'll post them for you...hehehe
[email protected]

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
My tire installer could not get the stick on weights to adhere to the paint, so he wound up cleaning off all the paint in a specific area to attach them. Next time I have my tires balanced I might as well strip off all the paint so my wheels won't look like "spot".

Users who are viewing this thread