1st kill in 01L

wuplash

Established Member
well getting off work at 1 a.m today got to run against a guy i work with who has a 99 mustang gt with a 5 speed and 3.73 gears,straight pipes,bigger injectors,315/35/17 rear tires and 10lb intercooled ati blower his setup has been dynoed at 359rwhp and 367rwtq we are on a empty hwy side by side from a 10 mph roll we both nail it he takes initial lead up till 45 mph then i move right past him get 1 1/4-1 1/2 lenghts on him at 80 mph i still have the lead but i hear him now. at 100 mph i still have the lead but he is getting closer as i can hear him but don't see him out of side of my eye and we have traveled at least a 1/4 mile by now. 110 mph i'am still leading he is getting louder but not in sight must be just behind my driver door. 120 mph i still have the lead but he is making progress as i can hear him gaining but still don't see him out of side of my eye.oops catching slower car gotta lift off throttle fun over he moves by 1 length then hits brakes as do i.so from 10 mph roll to 120 mph i beat a pretty good car as he is making 420 hp at motor and he has run a 12.9@113 mph over at st.louis mo drag strip and weighs at least 1,000 lbs less than me.i have not been to a strip yet or a dynojet but will soon so this at least gives me a test as to what mine can do i think it faired really good all i have is a jdm flip-chip running warm weather program,jdm filter kit,breather cap.oh it was 65 degrees out when we ran.

89 Super Coupe

Established Member
Nice

Good kill. Becareful on judging your 1/4 mile performance from street racing. I have seen Dakota R/t's crush Mustangs on the street but when the same two cars line up on the track it is a totaly different story. You will have to let me know how you run. I have yet to find a L to race with around my area, but am looking foward to give on a try. :D Good luck at the strip.

Brandon

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Good kill, sounds like he botched a shift but hey that's how the cookie crumbles right. :D

Users who are viewing this thread