1st gen neon vs 03Cobra

Sephiroth

Established Member
Very suprising to me believe me. I was comming home from my nightly college course (Intro to Sociology) And a bright yellow Cobra pulls up next to me at the stop light. He starts reving his engine and im like well why not. I mean comeon if i get beat well duhhhh. This is what I have; Iceman CAI w/K&N filter, Mopar Performance ECU, Bosh 4pt Plats, Crane 8.5mm wires, AF/X UDP, Pacesetter Catback w/Dual Exhaust, B&M Short throw shifter. The light turns green and im with him through first and second then when i hit third i start slowly pulling away and from then on I had him...... When we finally got on the interstate he goes blowing by me honking his horn. I must have had him because my car weighs so much less thats all I can think of.
Spadje

:lol1: I got a laugh out of it. :shrug:
He did say it was a 03, and :lol1: , anyway.

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
This is gonna get locked just like the Talon/Cobra thread. Put your flame suit on.... :burn:

Sephiroth

Established Member
Originally posted by TRDNiteLife
This is gonna get locked just like the Talon/Cobra thread. Put your flame suit on.... :burn:

I dunno, i dont own a 03Cobra, a 03GT though. And as a former 98neon owner, i know my neon has no chance against my GT, let alone a Cobra. Just thought it was funny as hell that the guy was actually serious :lol:

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Originally posted by Sephiroth
I dunno, i dont own a 03Cobra, a 03GT though. And as a former 98neon owner, i know my neon has no chance against my GT, let alone a Cobra. Just thought it was funny as hell that the guy was actually serious :lol:

Well you are a Mustang owner, and you are at this site....so I'm gonna presume you know what an '03 Cobra looks like or no?

It is funny though. :)

Sephiroth

Established Member
Well you are a Mustang owner, and you are at this site....so I'm gonna presume you know what an '03 Cobra looks like or no?

It is funny though. :)

Yea, I know what a 03 looks like. There's a couple around here.

Sephiroth

Established Member
So.....did it look like an '03 or '99/'01?

Hehe, The story I posted was from another guy on neon.org. Apparently he thinks he actually can run with a 390hp/tq car, when he's pushing maybe 130hp to the wheels.
I just said i had a 98DOHC, with the mods he listed and on top of that I was spraying a 75shot and even that couldn't run a GT, let alone a Cobra.
So this isn't my kill story, just something I found and laughed my ass off.

Just wanted to give you Cobra guys a heads up to watch out for those base model neons :lol1:

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
I have to admit that I'm probably going to be responsible for at least one stupid story like that. A few nights ago, I was on my way to meet some friends, but I was early, so I decided to grab a bite to eat. So I'm sitting at this light, and just as it goes green, I notice a Chick Fil-A over on the right side of the road (and I'm in the far-left lane).

As I accelerate away from the light (part-throttle, of course) I hear this tire chirp. I look to my right and see this half-riced Nissan Sentra, and he's banging through the gears. Now, I know I can make him vanish, but I have 2 problems:

1) I have around 50 yards to get past him, jump 2 lanes over, and slam on the brakes to make the right turn into the shopping center - all on a salt-covered road.

2) This road is always a seething pool of cops, dying to give traffic tickets.

So, I let off, slide across behind him, and make my turn. I wonder how many Nissan Sentra forums will have a "Sentra vs. 03 Cobra" thread now. :rollseyes

Last edited:

svt03cobra10th

Established Member
Had to throw my 2 cents in. I absolutely murdered a SRT-4 yesterday. From a rolling start, ~ 20 MPH to about 100 MPH. I don't think he ever got his head lights to my door. We pulled over and talked for a little bit then went our separate ways.

BTW has a sticker on the back of his dodge that says
"God made turbo lag to give V8s a chance".

SVTJES

Established Member
I am surprised the neon didn't fall apart as you were banging through the gears. Neons are the biggest pieces of junk I have ever seen!

Users who are viewing this thread