19x10 GT/CS Replicas off AM? Anyone have them? Pics?

avexhype

Established Member
Hi,

I'm looking to get a wider wheel for my 12' GT/CS. I love the stock look, just wish it had some offset and were wider. I noticed AM has the GT/CS replicas in 19x10 size. As we all know, replicas usually have a somewhat noticeable difference my questions are:

1. Are the spokes different from stock at all? They look much skinnier in the pics on AM... I would hate that if true.
2. Is the color difference for the anthracite VERY noticeable compared to the stock color? I know it's missing the "GT" engraving as well.
3. Do the 19x10 require any swaybar relocation in the back? I don't want to move anything at all.
4. Do the 19x10 have any offset compared to the stockers?
5. Any balancing issues or quality issues?
6. Can i re-use my existing TPMS sensors?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/anthracite-gtcs-19x10-0514.html

Last edited:

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Hi,

I'm looking to get a wider wheel for my 12' GT/CS. I love the stock look, just wish it had some offset and were wider. I noticed AM has the GT/CS replicas in 19x10 size. As we all know, replicas usually have a somewhat noticeable difference my questions are:

1. Are the spokes different from stock at all? They look much skinnier in the pics on AM... I would hate that if true.
2. Is the color difference for the anthracite VERY noticeable compared to the stock color? I know it's missing the "GT" engraving as well.
3. Do the 19x10 require any swaybar relocation in the back? I don't want to move anything at all.
4. Do the 19x10 have any offset compared to the stockers?
5. Any balancing issues or quality issues?
6. Can i re-use my existing TPMS sensors?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/anthracite-gtcs-19x10-0514.html

Hey OP -

Good questions here and I'm happy to help.

1. If you're looking closely and have them side by side you'll see slight/subtle difference. Typically they're in relation to the spokes meeting the lip, and the center cap (the area around the lugs themselves might be slightly different) They're manufactured in such a way in order to no be identical. Check out the picture below

2. (Close to the answer above) They'll be close in color but if you or someone were to purchase one as a replacement for example the coloring would be off.

OEWHEEL_zpsilsobcuo.jpg

3. No sir!

4. They're +48 (I'll see if I can track down the oe specs.

5. I've seen some wheels come out of here that have required some weight but it's a rarity. In the event that anything were to come up we'd either have them replaced or cover labor to have them corrected at
your request. We're very easy to work with, we're car people, and we're consumers too. We'll never let anyone leave with an unpleasant taste in their mouth no matter what.

6. Absolutely.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to let if you have any other questions at all.

Alex

avexhype

Established Member
Alex, thanks so much for the detailed replies. I'm now really considering to pull the trigger on a set w/ tires.

Last question, related to #4: does that mean that there is some slight concavity to the 19x10 wheels? If so, that would be AWESOME. I was hoping I could get some live pictures of the 19x10 wheels (not mounted on customer cars, CG, or customer pics). Is this something you or AM could provide?

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Alex, thanks so much for the detailed replies. I'm now really considering to pull the trigger on a set w/ tires.

Last question, related to #4: does that mean that there is some slight concavity to the 19x10 wheels? If so, that would be AWESOME. I was hoping I could get some live pictures of the 19x10 wheels (not mounted on customer cars, CG, or customer pics). Is this something you or AM could provide?

OP - Awesome that's what I'm here for. I try to be as straightforward as possible when it comes down to wheels. The last thing I want is for a customer to be unhappy with them after the fact!

So I took a look around and I can't guarantee that this info is correct but I've found this in 2 places on the OE GT/CS:

"19x8.5 California Special, +50mm, ~31lbs
Attached File 19x8.5 CS.jpg 36.18KB 42 downloads"

Found Here

In regards to whether or not they've got a little indentation they're slightly concave but nothing like we'd see on some euros/imports.

Let me see if I can dig up some pictures for you too!

Alex

avexhype

Established Member
Thanks, Alex. I keep getting forbidden errors when I try and download that. I also tried registering and got a permissions error that I'm not allowed to visit that community. Can you email me the pictures if its not too much trouble?

[email protected]

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread