19th Annual Ford Motorsport Nationals

Rattlebox

Iggles Fan
Established Member
Who's coming to Maple Grove the weekend of June 20th - 22nd ?
fordnationals03.jpg

It should be a good time. Maple grove is like 5 minutes from my house. If anyone has been there before, please chime in. My 03' Cobra is my first Ford vehicle, so I've never gone myself. If it's anything like their super chevy show, it should be a good time. I believe there is also a class specifically for the 03' Cobras, but don't quote me.

Here's a link for some additional info:
http://www.nmraracing.com/2003/event5/info/

Last edited:

cobra1993svt

Established Member
Ive been going to Maplegrove for about 4 years to show my car.It is a good show but sometimes the classes get confused by the judges. I plan on going this year if I can get the car out of the garage long enough to clean her. If I go look for a 1993 Vibrant Red Cobra (license plate reads 1993SVT)
P.S. I think I'll only make the Sun show

Last edited:

cobra1993svt

Established Member
I went up 2 Maplegrove one year when it rained. And RAINED it did the entire weekend so much that we left on Saturday during a break in the rain just to give the wipers a break from running non-stop since friday afternoon. Anyway if it rains the car show field is on grass in a low lying area. Somewhere i would never drive my car. As of today 6/19 I'm not going due to the possibility of showers.

cobra1993svt

Established Member
Have you ever been 2 an import show???? I'm guessing NO. They r totally different than regular Ford shows. Import show are a bunch of kids running a muck. Thats why Carlisle has canceled all import shows.

Smokinbago What do u mean by non-pro cars because I have a car you need to watch in the Drag Radial Class

And I'm sorry to say it isnt in the NMRA!!!!!!!!! It's in the FFW coming soon to Virginia

Last edited:

Smokinbago

MN Sports Fan!
Established Member
Smokinbago What do u mean by non-pro cars because I have a car you need to watch in the Drag Radial Class
[/B]

I went to an NHRA Sport compact event at E-town earlier this year and the only cars that I gave a bit of respect to were the Pro classes even though their fastest car could not run with NHRA's slowest class (Pro-stock).

I love the non-pro cars in FFW, NMRA, PRO, NMCA, etc.

The sole reason for me attending the event is so that when I talk bad about the cars, I will have proof to back it up. :beer:

cobra1993svt

Established Member
Are you going to attend the FFW in Virginia????? If so check out the Drag Radial Class especially Big Daddy in the # 23 car. Also look me up on the show field in my Vibrant Red Cobra New Jersey plate 1993SVT

Smokinbago

MN Sports Fan!
Established Member
Originally posted by cobra1993svt
Are you going to attend the FFW in Virginia????? If so check out the Drag Radial Class especially Big Daddy in the # 23 car. Also look me up on the show field in my Vibrant Red Cobra New Jersey plate 1993SVT

Oh yeah, I plan to be there and I will check your car out. When I get the cash, I am going to have Big Daddy take my beat up 91 GT from a mule to thoroughbred with a big turbo. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread