19's Vs 20's

AutoRed5.0

Established Member
So I'm stuck in between getting 19's staggered and 20's staggered
My main concern is acceleration and performance
Will my car perform slower with the 20's vs the 19's ?
Or will I get more traction out of the 20's
I do a lot of road racing and street drag
I have been looking at TSW Panorama 19x8.0/9.5 and 20x8.5/10
I will be getting NT05R's Street Drag Radials for Tires
I'm Really lost at this point in which size wheels is best
Any advice is appreciated

noldevin

Established Member
If your main concern is performance, get 18s. 19s are a good compromise between looks and performance. 20s are just for looks and are heavier and tend to hurt performance and ride quality.

AutoRed5.0

Established Member
18's are to small for me bro
I don't like the way my stock 18's look and I can only imagine how aftermarket 18's would look
If 19's are better in between then they would have to do

Tx5.0

Established Member
There must be a reason why most looking for performance go with a smaller wheel. You could always get big meat tire on those 18's.

AutoRed5.0

Established Member
Yeah when I was looking at tire sizes I noticed that and they are pretty expensive compared to the 20's

noldevin

Established Member
I'm sticking to my guns, if you say your main concern is performance then you should stay far away from 20s.
18s are lighter and have a smaller rotational inertia. You can get a slightly taller tire to make up for the smaller wheel and I think it actually looks pretty badass that way. 19s are a decent compromise and tires aren't that difficult to find anymore.

basspro302

Established Member
You aren't going to notice it between 19 and 20s. My 20" wheels are lighter than the factory wheels. You really don't give up much going to a 20". I would say pick what you like get good tires and enjoy. Tires will make it break the performance.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I have 20s and have no regrets. My 20s weigh less than my factory 19s.... My tires are great. Overall my car performs better on my 20s than it did on the stock 19s... No question!

Now a super light weight set of 18s with the right tires would be the bomb from the drivers seat, but not so much from curb appeal.

Last edited:

kdaly

Established Member
I have 20s and have no regrets. My 20s weigh less than my factory 19s.... My tires are great. Overall my car performs better on my 20s than it did on the stock 19s... No question!

Now a super light weight set of 18s with the right tires would be the bomb from the drivers seat, but not so much from curb appeal.

^ This..

AutoRed5.0

Established Member

Thanks man, I appreciate it !
Your Car looks great btw

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Man I'm so sorry, but I dropped my phone and I cant seem to get the camera to work. I'm getting it fixed this weekend and ill post some pics for you. sorry I haven't forgotten about you.

Users who are viewing this thread