1999 WITH NITROUS

onebad50

Established Member
Does any body know of a nitrous kit that will work on a stock 1999 cobra and about how much they cost. If any one has a kit on there 99 or 01 how does it work. Thanks for any help.

bouncer18

Established Member
Zex Wet Kit (For old skool 5.0's)
Nitrous Express Wet Kit

both about 500.. or cheaper on ebay

onebad50

Established Member
Thanks for ever ones help. I am looking at the nx wet kit because I still have a stock fuel system with no fuel return. I hope to get into the low 12s with it. My best run so far with just a cold air intake and nitto drag radials was a 13.6 at 105 with a 1.96 60ft time. Do you guy thinks it will be possible.

99SVTcobraVERT

i ran nitrous express 150 shot on my cobra for 2 years with no issues. the car made awesome power, max it made was 449rwhp and 535rwtq this was on mostly stock cobra. but i had a few mods that put me over 300rwhp na. i never pulled timing. i put in colder plugs from ngk and they hit like sh*t so i put stock ones back in and gap at 35, ( i do NOT recommend doing this however) the car had no issues taking out pullied 03 cobra's, mod zo6's,vipers, etc etc and this was all form a 3600lb vert!!

make sure to keep the bottle pressure 950+ but never any higher than 1200. 1100psi is good for quick hit to destroy someone but not constant like a 950-1000psi for long race. never keep gas pedal to floor between shifts because its full throttle activated. never spray with traction control on and dont hit rev limiter, although i have done both before when first got it and didnt hurt it. but it can! let me know when you buy your kit because i have a friend that is a nitrous express warehouse distr. and can HOOK YOU UP

bakers4v4_6

Established Member
Originally posted by NOScobra2001
i ran nitrous express 150 shot on my cobra for 2 years with no issues. the car made awesome power, max it made was 449rwhp and 535rwtq this was on mostly stock cobra. but i had a few mods that put me over 300rwhp na. i never pulled timing. i put in colder plugs from ngk and they hit like sh*t so i put stock ones back in and gap at 35, ( i do NOT recommend doing this however) the car had no issues taking out pullied 03 cobra's, mod zo6's,vipers, etc etc and this was all form a 3600lb vert!!

i just got one q's ...i am changin my plugs and i just glanced under the car the other day when puttin my x pipe on a i never saw my plugs ....where the heck are they??
or would it be easier to pay 100 bucks and have ford do them....sorry for the dumb q's but just curious
thank

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Originally posted by bakers4v4_6
i just got one q's ...i am changin my plugs and i just glanced under the car the other day when puttin my x pipe on a i never saw my plugs ....where the heck are they??
or would it be easier to pay 100 bucks and have ford do them....sorry for the dumb q's but just curious
thank

you know those long plates on the valve covers that say 32V DOHC? Your plugs are under them! Two 10 MM bolts pull thew coil off and unscrew the plug. You can do a complete change in about 15 minutes!

bakers4v4_6

Established Member
anyone here run a msd window switch w/ there nitrous setups???

oya and thanks for the advice on the plugs i feel dumb cause i took the two bolts off the other day to check there but the plate felt stuck so i just left it alone...hahaha im so lazy sometimes

bakers4v4_6

Established Member
what ven said, and you will need tach adapters with the msd window switch if you run it.

where can i get these tach adapdters ?? is it somethin that msd offers??
and is that all i will need for my window switch??
thanks

bakers4v4_6

Established Member
i can get them but they arent cheap about 100 bucks for both
by any chance do ya have the part # on those? and i take it i need two cause i must have 2 coils am i assuming that correctly ?

oya and one other q's is how does everyone tie in there fuel pressure safety switch or where might be a better question??
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread