1999 SVT Contour in NJ 97k miles, NICE CAR

waldo282

Established Member
Ok have a chance to get a SVT Focus but need to free up some cash. Needs to be quick sale and I will try to give a very complete description of car best I can. Looking to see my 1999 SVT Contour with a shade over 97,000. I drive this thing 70 miles a day to and from work have had it about 2 years and has never left me stranded.

The Good: Air blows cold (takes a while on 100 degree days to cool dash down first but all and all works for what I need it to do.
-rear defrost works great
-all power windows work well
-all power locks work, except pass. side unless you lock it yourself
-power mirrors both work
-head lights are new
-tires are about 60%
-pass. rear caliber replaced about 1/2 year ago
-heater works very well!
-power seat works in all directions
-shifts great, no problems at all
-engine pulls hard (COMPLETELY STOCK)
-cruise control works
-brakes about 1/2 year old, slight pulsation when hit hard upon initial braking at highway speeds but very good
-ABS works great
-seatbelt light works

-basically everything works but.....
-moonroof just took a shit this year, opens about an inch and closes but have to force it back, left it in closed position never leaks just can't use it
-on really hot days or long drive (not everytime) motor seems to have very high idle but comes back down almost likely there is too much fuel going to it when in nutral....again doesn't happen that often and usually goes away when car shut off for a a couple of hours.
-check engine light seems to be the cats however inspection sticker good til 2014 in NJ.

This is a really honest '99 just have an oppertunity to buy a SVT focus but window closing. If I don't sell the Conour in the next 2 days just going to keep it, I know it's a short time sorry wish the guy gave me more time on the Focus.

Oil changed every 3,000 miles at Ford dealership, rear driver control arm replaced (was bent), intake gaskets where replaced about 1 1/2 ago and intake runners completely cleaned!

Paint in good shape, small dent on rear deck lide about the side of a key fob, and roof again about the size of a key fob. Suprisingly all jack covers still there! front grill is missing when I hit a truck tread in the road, nothing happened to radiators just craked lower grill and can't find one so took it out.

Everything that you see painted in black is Plasti-dipped (wheels, Front grill, rear SVT badge, rear chrome on truck) can all be removed if don't like and the wheels are orginal and in great shape no curb rash.

Wells that's pretty much everything....

$3,800

1999 Ford Contour SVT pictures by waldo282 - Photobucket

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread