1999 Cobra Convertible-- What's it worth?

brianz426

Established Member
Hi All
I just got back from Ford Carlisle this afternoon. A small time dealer had a '99 Cobra Convertible for sale in the car corral area. Very clean and staight. White w/black top, gray leather (not overly worn or cracked)factory wheels, very good tires, stock exhaust. He thought the car had between 42,000 - 46,000 miles, no accidents. It looked like it. It was late afternoon the guy was leaving and had given the keys to his wife who was comming back later to get it, so we could not look under the hood or get into the interior. He was asking $13,800, he called his son or partner and after some phone discussion came back to me and my buddy and said he had to get $12,500 out of it. My buddy is interested, I suggested he take a second look and drive it before any further dollar discussions. What do you guys think it's worth? We'll assume the car fax checks out and the car runs and drives like an unmodified 46,000mi car should. Looking forward to your opinions.
Thanks

89blackvert

Established Member
I think it is a pretty good price... there are a few on these forums around the 12-13k price range for a good stocker. Of course they are still for sale too. The market is very soft right now. GL

randoo

Established Member
Hi All
I just got back from Ford Carlisle this afternoon. A small time dealer had a '99 Cobra Convertible for sale in the car corral area. Very clean and staight. White w/black top, gray leather (not overly worn or cracked)factory wheels, very good tires, stock exhaust. He thought the car had between 42,000 - 46,000 miles, no accidents. It looked like it. It was late afternoon the guy was leaving and had given the keys to his wife who was comming back later to get it, so we could not look under the hood or get into the interior. He was asking $13,800, he called his son or partner and after some phone discussion came back to me and my buddy and said he had to get $12,500 out of it. My buddy is interested, I suggested he take a second look and drive it before any further dollar discussions. What do you guys think it's worth? We'll assume the car fax checks out and the car runs and drives like an unmodified 46,000mi car should. Looking forward to your opinions.
Thanks
I just bought a 2001 cobra vert with 58k for 15500. Had a few mods cai,exhaust,h&r springs,18" cobra wheels,light bar and a full Saleen body kit. I think thats a fair price for you. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread