1999/2001 Cobra Spark Plugs.

Vinnie T

Established Member
NGK, whether the copper V-power or the Iridiums seem to be the choice of many. I'm running the Iridiums, which have been flawless, but pricey (around $7/plug @ Napa). I tried the Bosch P+4's, but immediately got an annoying part throttle hesitation. Others have gotten that same problem, so I wouldn't recommend them. It apparently has something to do with the coil-on-plug set up of the 99 and newer 4V motors.
Go with NGK, and you won't be disappointed. I've never run into anyone doing a before and after dyno on plugs, so I have no idea the benefit. I believe the NGK's will outperform or perform as well as anything out there.

svtduck

Established Member
Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted to know. I've always been happy with NGKs. In fact I have a formula car that had some very pricey Champions that never ran right. I put in NGKs and it's been a killer since. Let's see. 8 times 7 = $56.

Vinnie T

Established Member
Check around before you buy. I've heard prices ranging from the mid-6's, up to $9/plug depending on the store. I know I saw a thread on this over at blueovalnews not long ago, and there was a website that had them in the mid $6 range. If I can find the website, I'll let you know.

OK, the website that was listed was clubplug.net. I didn't check it out, so I hope it's the one. Supposedly, they have them for $6.67/plug.
BTW, the plug # is TR55IX, with a stock number of 7164.

Last edited:

nasty99snake

Established Member
Bosch Platinum +4....

They have worked for my application....no hesitation....great power (320RWHP with no LTs or ported lower intake).

But I'll love to try Denso Iridium.

Nazman

Users who are viewing this thread