1998 Twin Turbo Viper GTS

mysticalsnake

Established Member
The time has come for me to part ways with this car. I got her after getting rid of my Cobra wanting to move on to bigger and better things, but now I have had a business opportunity come up that I do not want to pass on.

Located in Tyler, TX

1998 Dodge Viper GTS
Solid Silver with blue stripes
Black leather interior
38,900 miles on chassis, only ~10k miles on rebuild and all modifications except clutch
CCW SP500 wheels 18x10 with 275/35-18 nitto 555's up front and 18x13 with 345/35-18 Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial II's in the rear

Engine/Drivetrain:
Refreshened bottom end of motor ~10k miles ago
Ported and polished heads
T&D roller rockers (1.7 ratio)
RSI triple disc clutch
Tuned on wastegate pressure (8psi) making 778rwhp, and over 800rwtq.

The interior is all stock minus a few things:

All 4 gauges at the top of the center of the dash were replaced with Autometer Phantom series gauges, but the factory pieces will come with the car.

I have an aftermarket center console lid that I have yet to install which has the blue "Sneaky Pete" viper logo, just as the factory badges for this car.

I also have installed a set of stainless steel entry gaurds with the word "VIPER" logo etched on them. (These are not high polish and do not stick out really. To me, they actually blend better with the car being silver, instead of the factory black pieces.)

Exterior:
As mentioned, the CCW SP550's which are 18x10 w/ Nitto 555 275/35-18's in front, and 18x13 w/ Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial II 345/35-18's out back.

Factory fuel door is still on car, and has not been removed. I do, however, have another aftermarket high polished fuel door with a blue "Sneaky Pete" logo on it as well.

Viperdragstrip_zpsf1b56110.jpg

Viperrollingshotfrontquarter_zpsb593304d.jpg

Viperrollingshotrearquarter_zps3d2c31ef.jpg

Asking $55,000. Not too interested in trades, but I will entertain the idea depending on what the trade offer is. However, absolutely no other sports cars. As much as I love it, this will be my last "sports car" for quite a while. Any trades would have to be good, luxurious 4-door sedans, or something along the lines of a new 6.2L Super Crew Raptor. Obviously, depending on value of what you offer, you may need to throw cash on top as well.

Thanks for looking! :beer:

mysticalsnake

Established Member
thanks for the love and the bumps guys! I'm a transplant here from just a few miles northeast (Gladewater). Been here nearly 7 years now.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
thanks for the love and the bumps guys! I'm a transplant here from just a few miles northeast (Gladewater). Been here nearly 7 years now.

Know exactly where gladewater is. I might have actually seen your viper and possibly your cobra too in Tyler because I moved from Tyler 4 years ago. You've definitley got one of the sickest cars in Tyler I know that.

mysticalsnake

Established Member
Incentive? $1k finder's fee for anyone bringing me a buyer at asking price!

Cobra wouldn't too hard to spot, it was a Mystichrome

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
Know exactly where gladewater is. I might have actually seen your viper and possibly your cobra too in Tyler because I moved from Tyler 4 years ago. You've definitley got one of the sickest cars in Tyler I know that.

Might give the two orange McLaren MP4's here a run for their money =)

mysticalsnake

Established Member
JaysonMFK - Yes, it's in Tyler lol I've had the car a little over 2 years now. and only put 3k miles on it I believe. Hence why selling. I worry too much about it getting ran over and smashed into with the driver's around here. I take it you're from Tyler as well?

mysticalsnake

Established Member
Only time the car ever saw the track was back on the old tune of 738rwhp and stock-type clutch. I made 3 passes and it went 10.8 with a 1.85 60'. 2nd run was 10.65 I believe with a 1.75 60', and the last pass I launched, the car bogged, then it blew the tires off and went 11.1 all at 139mph. Turns out the clutch was slipping (found this out as the last past made it fairly aromatic in the car as I got down the track lol). Since that the manifolds were removed, inspected, and apparently there were a couple cracks and those were welded up, an RSI triple disk clutch, and a retune was down making the numbers it is now.

If you'd like, PM me more info on your M5, and we could possibly work something out.

mysticalsnake

Established Member
Want to bump this back up to the top. Open to more trades and reasonable offers! If you have something, don't hesitate to PM me. Worst I could say is no.

Tjwiz73

hi,

i actually own this car now. i got it a about 7 months ago from texas.i am in NJ and i was just googling the car because i was bored and i actually came across this post. i did see the post from the original owner of this car also. i purchased it from a dealer in texas. so far the car has been alot of fun. in the spring i am going to have the tune gone over again just to make sure i am safe. the car is wicked fast and i have not had any issues with it since i got it other than the fuel pump going. i sent that out to weldon for a rebuild and its good as new. any other info you can provide me about the car would be awesome. i see your list here and saved it. i know its been some time since you owned it but i thought it was cool to see this post so i figured i would reach out..feel free to email me. [email protected]

thanks
TJ

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread