1998 suspension

scibona55

Established Member
I have a 1998 cobra and I'm looking to upgrade the rear suspension. I currently have upper and lower control arms and a cheap set of subframe connectors, as well as eibach springs. im looking for a smooth ride and a great cornerer where i wont be scared the ass is going to swing out. id appreciate the help.

Monster Mach

Established Member
all you really need to do is a swap.. not really parts.. but for 800 you can buy a complete one.. check the forums for someone who has one... alot of people do it
IRS into SN95
here is multiple people who have done it

scibona55

Established Member
what would u recommend as far as shocks?
I found 10 way adjustable from strange engineering or 5 way adjustable from KYB....idk just need help

bobtsgt

Just some guy
Established Member
the adjustable shocks will help more if you like to go to the track. A good self adjusting shock would be nicer for the street duty. I took the Strange off my GT in trade for some KYB GT2. So far its a nicer ride. Even with the coilovers up front.

asiansensation7

FALRLGALGHLAGLHALRRGLAG
Established Member
Look into a Steeda adjustable rear sway bar if you want something a bit less expensive. It's not difficult to get the rear of these cars to swing out if you give it too much throttle on corner entry, though the Steeda bar will make it more predictable.

scibona55

Established Member
i ended up buying the strange engineering adjustable shocks and since if had them on it hugs the corners great but everyday driving over bumps and what not makes me never drive the car because it BANGS! i hate it and i dont know if its the shocks or what////HELP

Users who are viewing this thread