1998 supercharged cobra need help!

b00sted4v

Established Member
Alright so got the car up and running and to the tuner. Started doing couple pulls and car had vacumm leak behind manifold that he ended up fixing. And the plug wires were not sitting down tight enough on the spark plugs so ordered new wires. Now out of nowhere the car won't start and ends up it being that it keeps blowing the 20amp PCU fuse and I don't have a clue why. Wondering if anyone ever had a problem like this?

makriluc

Established Member
Sorry, I won't be able to help you out with the blown fuse.
But, I too have a 96 supercharged with a vacuum that I can't locate (even with a cigar test). Where about was your leak behind the maniflod?

crazycarlo

Established Member
Have you modified any wiring since you put the blower on? The instal shouldnt have anything to do with that fuse so Im guessing that a wire got shorted somewhere though I dont know from where. What fuse number is it?

Also on a diff note how did you like the blower? I hope everything is running good for you. I honestly miss that blower and setup on my car lol. Kinda wish I never sold it.

b00sted4v

Established Member
No when I purchased the blower kit off you my engine was actually @ a machine shop. I just got the car started end of last year and just registered it the other day. Got about 70 miles on the build as of now. But ran fine, thinking could be the fuel pump. Car is 1.5 hours away from me at tuner so sucks for me to try and check it out and work on it with no tools or anything. But going to go check every fuse and see what is causing it to blow. The charger kit seems good and runs great. Hope to make some good numbers even on 5-6psi since I am at 10.5-1 compression.

Users who are viewing this thread