1998 Mustang GT convertible. Fully serviced, automatic, leather, 120 pictures!

atikovi

Established Member
standard.jpg

The car has had $2700 worth of service and is in excellent condition. I have a full description at: http://kovico.webege.com/1_6_1998-Ford-Mustang-GT-convertible.html Car is in the Washington DC area but I can deliver for expenses. Price is $5,995. Any comments or suggestions about the car are welcome. Thanks for looking. [email protected]

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
While it's obvious the car has been very well maintained, there's not a big market for NPI GT's, even less when they're convertibles. But it is a VERY nice looking car, I have to give you that. If I had the extra coin, I'd buy it in a heartbeat just because it's a stock, unmolested Mustang in my favorite body style.

But being a convertible, with 120k miles, and being for sale in the winter time I think it's a $4k car all day.

atikovi

Established Member
What's an NPI? And convertibles always are worth more than coupes. I'm not actively selling it until the spring when it should do the money. What else can you get for $5K these days, a 10 year old Corolla or Civic?

Kiohtee

Established Member
What's an NPI? And convertibles always are worth more than coupes. I'm not actively selling it until the spring when it should do the money. What else can you get for $5K these days, a 10 year old Corolla or Civic?

NPI stands for Non Performance Improved. It has to do with more restrictive heads, cams, and intake manifold. All '96-98 Mustang GT's are NPI stock (215hp). The '99-04 Mustang GT's got PI (Performance Improved) heads, cams, and intake manifold and make stouter 260hp. And for the most part, no, convertibles aren't worth more than coupes. Yeah, when they're new and according to NADA and the such, but only a small percentile of performance enthusiast actually crave a convertible (they're heavier and not as strong). Just giving you some feedback, which is more than anyone else is doing. Don't take it personally, I like your car and would love to have it, I just can't at the moment.

And FWIW, I bought my '97 Cobra with bolt-ons, gears, and FR500 wheels and some suspension for $6,450 about two months ago. :)

CobRoush-00

Established Member
Yes the newer models make more power but they will cost more too.
I don't think your car is overpriced however, Zhisel is right to a certain point. Anyway, your car may not appeal to performance enthusiasts but it will make the joy of lots of Mustang lovers. It's a beautiful car and honestly I wouldn't mind buying it myself if I had the money at this time. Just be patient and the right buyer will come along. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread