1998 Mustang Cobra Value

04mysticsvt

Established Member
Hey everyone, I am looking at a 98 Atlantic Blue Cobra. It has 74,xxx miles on clock and was wrecked not to long ago. The current owner is a professional Auto Body guy and has finished most of the work on the car. Currently, the only body part that is missing is the driver rocker. This along with the front bumper, driver fender, and driver door would need to be painted as well. But, the bulk of the work has been completed. I had a chance to drive the car and it feels good. Title is clean.

I originally was looking at the car to swap the drivetrain into my 89 Coupe but after seeing the car and driving it, I'm considering buying it and driving it.

I'm trying to get an idea of what everyone thinks it's worth like it sits?

Last edited:

wvragtop

SPRAYING CHEATER SVT POST
Established Member
yes even though their both foxes underneath the sn95 is much better for driver comfort and i just feels better to drive imo .tough choice i grew up on the foxes and own one my self .im not much help good luck ,etheir way it will be a good choice .

mustang3X

Established Member
Exactly zero dollars and zero cents. I wouldn't take a wrecked car for free.

There are a ton of clean mustangs out there that haven't been wrecked, find one of those, it is a buyers market.

But if you have to have this one, I say $1,500.

mustang3X

Established Member
1500 for a 74000 mile cobra running gear .yea ill buy that .what is the asking price ?

If all he wants is the running gear fine, but there is a cost for removing it from the car and then parting out or getting rid of the body.

My time is valuable so I price wrecked cars accordingly.

wvragtop

SPRAYING CHEATER SVT POST
Established Member
yes this is true but there can be huge value in a wrecked car just depends on the car .without pics its hard to say could be 500-2000

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
For me it would depend on how bad the damage was and how well it's been repaired weighed against the asking price. Is it for sale as is or will the repairs be complete?

I probably wouldn't buy it unless it was finished or really cheap because quality paint work gets expensive quick.

93&99cobrasvt

Established Member
Ya man locally there is a nice 98 bab cobra that hasn't been wrecked with just a few more miles than the one listed here, he's having a hard time getting 5k. I say if you want a sn95 cobra just keep your eyes open and a good deal will pop up

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
Yeah a wrecked one that isn't completely done... maybe $3500 on a good day. Figure the time and materials you will have into it, and good clean accident free ones can be had for $6-7k

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
How bad was the "wreck"??

From what Ive encountered, people have their own version of whats "wrecked". Bent frame = wrecked OR dented fender = wrecked.

Stolen 98

Established Member
Value is ultimately what someone will pay. I, personally, would not pay any amount for a wrecked car.

I did however pay $12k for my '96 with 14k orig miles...that's never been wrecked.

Hope that's some help.

04mysticsvt

Established Member
The accident wasn't terrible from what I can see.

I'm really surprised to hear everyone's thoughts. Not that anyone's wrong, but every 96-98 Cobra in my neck of the woods, with decent miles, is priced above 10k.

I was thinking the car was worth at least 5k. He's asking 5500.

Last edited:

mustang3X

Established Member
The accident wasn't terrible from what I can see.

I'm really surprised to hear everyone's thoughts. Not that anyone's wrong, but every 96-98 Cobra in my neck of the woods, with decent miles, is priced above 10k.

I was thinking the car was worth at least 5k. He's asking 5500.

$5500 for an unfinished car that was wrecked? sorry, but that is just way too much.

I paid $12,000 for a 98 convertible with 16,000 miles on it. Came with the original air filter, cover, window sticker, svt certificate, all original paperwork, and new tires.

Deals are out there, just have to keep looking.

Users who are viewing this thread