1998 Mustang Cobra SVT---Atlanta

Redtallman

Established Member
I have a Mustang Cobra SVT . That I bought from a friend in need of cash. The car is Black on Black. He thought that The BBK Long tube Headers needed gasket, but that was not the case it was the air injection ports on the headers. They were JB weld shut but it blew out. I didn't find out until I had drop the k-member to change the gasket(Sigh). So while I had everything down I change the gaskets ,and put lock bolts on the headers. I notice it had a remanufactured 2003 Block. The air injection is hook up on the passenger and the driver side but I had to cut the pipe because the driver side would not connect, so they either need to be welded shut or cap off at the header. He said the guy before him put a mach 1 Block in. The car runs and drive very well , but it needs the tune with all the mods listed below. The a/c was charged by me but it has a leak on the o-ring where the hoses and the compressor connects. The car needs some shocks for a lowered car, the shocks in the back are new but it still will bottom out with 1.5 drop springs. . Has a aftermarket pioneer radio with the mach 460 amps and speakers they all work none blown . I also rebuilt the oil cooler with a ford kit.

I have a clean ga title

Mods:
BBK Long Tube Headers with lock bolts
BBK CAI
BBK Throttle Body
NO Cats
American Muscle MIL Defeaters(new)
Rear gear 355 Im not really sure though--70 mph at 2,200 rpm
Flow master + Oversize tips
Under drive pullies
X pipe not sure of brand
American Muscle 1.5 Lowering springs(New)
Cobra r hood
Y2k Rims 18x9.5 all around Rears tires are not much tread 295/35/18 fronts are good 245/35/18
90 mm mass air
Saleen type wing
2003 Mach 1 short Block(Was told I did see that it was a 2003 Reman when I did the header gasket and locks)
Crazy big tach came on the car

Needs:
Passenger side axel needs bearing also the abs ring has came off wasn't press on correctly
airbag light on (don't know why)
Needs a tune badly still running stock tune.
Paint started to fade, hoods not painted just has primer I think.
odometer gear broke on 07/12/13 (previous owner ) I drove it to work 1 day(riding dirty) that's all the mile I have put on it about 28 miles. 00A0A_bZAMNq8f7Dm_600x450.jpg00Q0Q_6jG8rwIK9wK_600x450.jpg00Y0Y_ifbUz5WFK2u_600x450.jpg00303_6kHXoz65eLI_600x450.jpg01010_cltX8ud4Ypc_600x450.jpg
needs brake pads front.

The car runs and drive very well but it does need a tune, there is no body damage , headlights and foglights are present and working.

Any question call me 404-784-7885 Domonic

$5000 . no trades

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I would love to come pick this up. Just a little more than what I can swing with the wife's approval. I hope it goes to somebody to rescue it.

Redtallman

Established Member
Well Guys it still for sale!!! I have changed out the odometer gear so it now works. I have also fix the air injection system. I dont drive the car it just sits in the driveway so no more mileage has been added to the vehicle. As time passes my plans are to put new axels and bearing in that would kill two problems(abs ring,Bearing bad on passenger side.) I also forgot to mention that I do have brand new 285/35/18 for the rear but I havent mounted them yet.

Domonic 404-378-9721 no text home phone.

Redtallman

Established Member
How many miles are on the vehicle?

Sorry just seen this post. When I bought the car it said 143,xxx I was told at purchase the gear broke on 2013 I really dont know how many miles have went by since. I would be telling a big 1 if I did. I did fix the odometer though...Havent driven it since no insurance plus its not registered in my name.

Domonic

Redtallman

Established Member
All problems fixed except for rear bearing on the passenger side. still needs a bama tune or sct tune. $$$4300$$$ is asking price cant go no lower thanks just need it gone.

Last edited:

Redtallman

Established Member
good deal dude, I couldn't sell for 3500 , but we could have work something out. That's a nice buy though good for you.

slow_mach

Established Member
Did you ever register the vehicle? When you bought it, did you sign the title/date the title?

I'm interested but if you never registered it but dated/signed it, I won't be able to do anything with it without a new title from the PO... Although, I'm not sure how the GA titles are done. Just had to go through this on a few vehicles I've purchased in IL, bringing to MO. Shoot me a PM if you could.

Users who are viewing this thread