1998 Corvette Coupe - Silver - 455rwhp, 6spd, Z51, 52K miles in PA - LOTS of pics

Espo

lP ll llVll lP
Established Member
Price Lowered 6/22/09

Name: Anthony
Phone: 412-726-7260
Email: [email protected]
Price: $19,600
VIN: 1G1YY22G6W5104918

Looking to sell the C5 I just purchased in February to fund my C6 purchase. I bought it with 49k on it and its now time to buy the Vette I really wanted, a C6. I DO NOT have to sell it, so please, no low ball offers, and if I do not get what I want, I will keep it because it is a BLAST to drive and watch the heads turn!

My family owns a Chevrolet dealership, so i will be selling the vehicle through the dealership (so I can use the tax credit on my c6 purchase). I have financing available, but I will tell you up front, since its a 1998, you have to have an excellent and perfect credit history and I would suggest at least 10% money down to help with the financing.

People who see the car can not believe it's a '98. It is extremely clean both inside and out. There is a scratch on the front bumper (pictured) that happened on a curb in a parking lot. The passenger side wheels have a little bit of curb rash on them, nothing major (also pictured). I'm sure if you nitpick, you'll find a stone chip or two on the nose, but the body is in top condition, as is the interior. Seats have no rips, tears, stains. Carpet is clean, dash is clean, door panels are clean.

I have the dyno sheet showing that on a 94 degree August day, the car made 455rwhp and 402rwtq. I did a quick add up of the receipts I have for the car, and they total over $11,000. The receipts don't include the rims or stereo, so there has been a heck of a lot of money invested into the car.

It has 52,000 original miles, with the mods having much less than that. Z51 suspension package, and the car has been lowered some on the stock bolts. Dual zone a/c, memory seat package, active handling. The stereo system installed in this car is amazing. All I can tell you is it's incredibly loud, incredibly clear and has infinite things it can do. It even has a g-force meter in it.

The car runs and drives 100%. It has an exhaust note that you have to hear. Make no mistake, it's loud, definitely not even close to stock. It growls at idle and screams when you step on it. As you would expect with a car making this much power, it will throw you back in your seat on command. The HP Tuner package will allow you to tune the car as you wish. You can probably get more power out of it if you're good with computers.

The oil is changed every 3 months or 3000 miles with Mobile 1 and a OEM filter.

Like I said, it's amazingly clean for a '98 and has been very well cared for all it's life, which shows. The rims don't have tire pressure sensors in them, so the dash display will signal a warning, but you can just hit the reset button (I think there is a way to disable it too). It also has an aftermarket coolant tank, so the DIC flashes "low coolant". Please also note the car does not have cats on it. They will be very easy to install, but they currently are not there.

One known issue, the low beam HIDs do not fire up together every time you turn the lights on. You have to turn them on and off a few times to get them both to stay lit. Another issue has to do with when you turn the lights off, the headlights will not drop until you put it into high beam mode. After doing research, I found this is a common problem with the headlamps in the C5 corvettes. The relays do not allow enough power to go to the factory harness to fire correctly and also inhibits the lights from dropping. Its an easy fix (buy an inline resistor sold by many Corvette aftermarket companies) or put the factory bulbs back in. I choose to deal with the problem because I cannot drive without HIDs.

Here is the list of mods and pictures of the car. Ask anything you wish, I'll be happy to answer.

Stock Bottom end LS1
LG Motorsports G5X3 cam on a 114 lsa
TRICKFLOW Heads cnc, milled to 60cc, Dual springs, Titanium retainers
HARLAND SHARP rockers
FAST intake
90mm Ls2 throttle body
30# SVO injectors
ABEAR Polished aluminum valve covers
LG headers
CORSA INDY exhaust w/ tiger shark tips
ASP under drive pulley
HALLTECH air intake
160 degree thermostat
Taylor plug wire
NGK plugs
Ported oil pump
Ported throttle body
Double roller timing chain
HP Tuner Custom dyno tuning
6000k HID Low Beams
6000k HID Fog Lights
B&M Short Shifter
15% Tint
Custom Painted "Halo" and rear bumper
Professional blacked out lights
Raptor Shift Light
Passenger airbag shut off switch (in glove box)
Fuel system with fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator
Transparent Top

The car also has a flush tail lamp kit, Hurst shift knob and Z06 screens. It has Z06 wheels, 18x9.5 up front and 19x11 in the back. Tires are BFG KDW 275/35 front and 295/35 rear, they are in great shape (Fronts 75-80%, Rears 60%).

The audio system consists of 2 JLAUDIO AMPS
1 12inch JL SUB
MB QUART front speakers
BOSTON ACUSTIC rear speakers
KENWOOD CD player

98coupe1.jpg

98coupe2.jpg

98coupe3.jpg

98coupe4.jpg

98coupe5.jpg

98coupe6.jpg

98coupe7.jpg

98coupe8.jpg

98coupe9.jpg

98coupe10.jpg

98coupe11.jpg

98coupe12.jpg

98coupe13.jpg

98coupe14.jpg

98coupe15.jpg

98coupe16.jpg

98coupe17.jpg

98coupe18.jpg

98coupe19.jpg

98coupe20.jpg

98coupe21.jpg

98coupe23.jpg

98coupe24.jpg

98coupe25.jpg

Last edited:

Espo

lP ll llVll lP
Established Member
More photos & videos

98coupe26.jpg

98coupe28.jpg

98coupe29.jpg

98coupe30.jpg

98coupe31.jpg

98coupe32.jpg

98coupe33.jpg

98coupe34.jpg

98coupe35.jpg

98coupe36.jpg

98coupe37.jpg

Here is a walk-around video of the car.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQA2Kt1bCjQ"]YouTube - 1998 Corvette Coupe - Heads, Cam, Intake, Exhaust...[/ame]

And a quick video of the car driving so you can hear it.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AArWLRd02Vo"]YouTube - 1998 Corvette Coupe - Heads, Cam, Intake, Exhaust[/ame]

Thanks for looking
:flag:

Espo

lP ll llVll lP
Established Member
See above.....

Thank you!

I understand some people dont like reading, but if your interested, you will read, because it gives you the whole run down on the vehicle.

I am here to negotiate, thats why I put "OBO", so reasonable offers I will accept.

Espo

lP ll llVll lP
Established Member
Price lowered:

$19,600

I will be putting the stock exhaust on and taking it to Manheim Auto Auction Wednesday.

Last edited:

mtnike10

Established Member
I'll give you 17,500 and pick up the car this week if you take the deal. I'm in Ohio, so not far from you.

Users who are viewing this thread