1998 cobra x-pipe/h-pipe tune question

i8urSS

Established Member
I agree with everyone here that you should go with the H-pipe if you aren't doing anything else.

You are right tho about the quality of BBK going down. I bought mine with BBK longtubes, so I've had to use their mid-pipes. I had the H-pipe first and the fittings that hold everything together came right off one day. (at the most inopportune time, I might add)

MAC makes an awesome product. I think it is aluminized steel. But I wouldn't worry about that. I had the pro-chamber on my 03 and it sounded amazing.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
Yup I have to agree, all BBK stuff I've had over the years has either not fit right or failed on me. I switched to a Mac H pipe when I did my 04 swap.

Dontilgon

Established Member
I agree with everyone here that you should go with the H-pipe if you aren't doing anything else.

You are right tho about the quality of BBK going down. I bought mine with BBK longtubes, so I've had to use their mid-pipes. I had the H-pipe first and the fittings that hold everything together came right off one day. (at the most inopportune time, I might add)

MAC makes an awesome product. I think it is aluminized steel. But I wouldn't worry about that. I had the pro-chamber on my 03 and it sounded amazing.
I heard an X-Pipe on a totally stock cobra and really didn't like the sound. You mentioned a pro chamber. I don't know anything about them. I would image the sound is similar to an X

i8urSS

Established Member
The Prochamber is more similar to an H-pipe. It is just chambered like old school flowmasters.

I have no idea how it sounds with stock pipes though. It's just the one I have experience with, so I imagine their regular H-pipe is good quality.

I would start watching some youtube videos of the combo you want. Of course it won't sound the same as real life, but it will give you an idea at the least.

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
I heard an X-Pipe on a totally stock cobra and really didn't like the sound. You mentioned a pro chamber. I don't know anything about them. I would image the sound is similar to an X
YouTube is your friend. Also, the prochamber is more mellow than both the x and h pipe.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread