1998 Cobra, BAB, progress thread

BABVenom98

Established Member
Thanks guys.

I got my rear brake pads in today so I put those on. While I had the car on jack stands I took the opportunity to polish the exhaust up the the axle, clean the fuel tank cover, rear differential cover, and a few other parts as well.
I used Mother's PowerMetal Aluminum polish and I love it.Cleans wheels, exhaust, any type of metal really.

Last edited:

Myzticsnake

Savage
Established Member
Wire the amp into the power point on the side of the fuse box, its the cleaner/stealth place. You can then hide the fuse around the brake fluid res to get it out of sight.

Keep up the work dude, love the color.

BABVenom98

Established Member
Wire the amp into the power point on the side of the fuse box, its the cleaner/stealth place. You can then hide the fuse around the brake fluid res to get it out of sight.

Keep up the work dude, love the color.

I never thought about that but good idea. Thanks!

mysteed

Established Member
Very nice update, those pads were THIN. IMO while you had the rotors off you should have had them machined flat to help eliminate any pulsation or diving under braking conditions. Pretty much any parts house or good mechanics shop can do it for around $20.

BABVenom98

Established Member
Thanks!
I thought about it but I'll be replacing the rotors here pretty soon anyways, just need to search some more and decide which ones to go with

BABVenom98

Established Member
Got a few small things done today. I got the foglights I purchased from blown vert yesterday and replaced the passenger one. The bracket was bent to hell and the foglight housing was broke. I did determine my bumper is warped though because my driver side foglight doesn't line up and sit in the bumper like it should.

I also found the vertical adjustment screws for the headlights and adjusted them up because they have been pointing 10ft on the ground in front of me since I bought the car. I also replaced the bulbs.
DSCN0619.gif

DSCN0618.jpg

DSCN0617.jpg

BABVenom98

Established Member
It's been awhile since I have updated this. I've got a couple things done since than.
Blue Oval Industries smoked headlights which I love.
MMR Intake Plenum spacer, for such a small modification, it really makes the engine bay look better.
Lastly, Fender Gripper trunk mat with red Cobra logo.
DSCN0702.jpg

DSCN0701.jpg

DSCN0698.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

Next week I will be going back to Max V for a dyno tune, front control arm and steering rack bushings replacement and get my x-pipe weld in

Last edited:

GTstang02

SVT PSI
Established Member
Looks nice. Good progress so far. Any plans for some forced induction with that 8:1 compression? Bab is definitly my 2nd fav sn Color to chrome yellow. :beer:

BABVenom98

Established Member
Looks nice. Good progress so far. Any plans for some forced induction with that 8:1 compression? Bab is definitly my 2nd fav sn Color to chrome yellow. :beer:

Thanks!
Oh yeah, I'll boost her soon. I'm just trying to get a T56 swap done right now otherwise it would have Vortech on it

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
Sweet, any of you TX guys know what happened to my old bab?

98 BAB with a vortech s-trim , built motor, rear, t56 trans, cage... was on 03 cobras when I had it then pyvr or whatever his name is put the BBK wheels on it and I don't know who owned it after him

Graves

Established Member
Sweet, any of you TX guys know what happened to my old bab?

98 BAB with a vortech s-trim , built motor, rear, t56 trans, cage... was on 03 cobras when I had it then pyvr or whatever his name is put the BBK wheels on it and I don't know who owned it after him

I took a couple pics of it a while back. Haven't seen the car or the owner since.

BABVenom98

Established Member
So the T45 decided to take a shit when I was trying to get onto Fort Sam this morning but luckily I already have a T56 on the way which so be here next friday at the latest.
I did find a direct bolt-in crossmember so I won't have to modify the stock crossmember to mount the T56 to. It's made by AJE Racing. Part # MU-7061 for $159. Now I just need to order that and a new clutch. I already have a couple short throw shifters that I can pick between; a Pro 50 and a B&M Ripper. The only other thing is that I will have to talk with Tim and see if I should put a switch for the reverse lockout solenoid or wire it to the brake lights, or I could just leave it disconnected completely and have to shift into reverse with 2 hands.

mysteed

Established Member
IMO I'd go with a MGW shifter over either of those choices. With the T56 I'd wire it into the brakes as having to use both hands and jerk it into reverse every time sucks.

BABVenom98

Established Member
I plan on getting a MGW in a couple months, don't really have the extra money for that right now. And I'm pretty sure I'll wire it into the brakes, seems to be the best way from my research.
On the bright side, I will have the T56 in tomorrow, but I'll still be waiting on the crossmember till middle of next week.
I just can't decide which clutch I should go with. I will also probably have to buy a new flywheel to also to accommodate the bigger clutch from what Tim at MaxV said

Users who are viewing this thread