1998 cobra 22k miles must sell asap

robjs111

Established Member
1998 FORD MUSTANG COBRA 4.6 DOHC

When I originally purchased my 1998 Ford Mustang Cobra in 1998 as a bone stock car. Over the next several years my Cobra was treated as a weekend toy that spent most of its time in the garage. Quality modifications have been performed that transformed it into an impressive street car that is also capable of performing well at the track. I have even taken it to a few local shows on occasion. It has logged approximately 22K miles in the time that I have owned it and all the mods have about 1k miles.

I have meticulously maintained this car by taking a “spare no expense” approach to making sure that it looks great and performs well. Although I hate the idea of selling the car due to the amount of time, money, and sentiment I have invested, I have reached a point due to job loss that i have no choice. Hopefully car will find a home with somebody who will take just as good care as i have.

The car is in very good condition and runs great. It is also reliable enough to jump in and drive cross country without any concerns at all. The body is very straight and there are no dents or door dings what so ever. Paint is like new condition with zero defects. You have to see in person to appreciate.

If you are serious about the car, and have additional questions, please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to provide you with any information that you require. Whoever purchases this car will be getting a phenomenal car with no disappointments.

This car is located in Brookhaven, New York (Long Island)

631-803-2704
Call anytime day or night
[email protected]

The additional details and pictures are all shown below:

Engine
- Factory 4.6 DOHC
- Steeda Underdrive Pullies

Drivetrain
- Factory T45
- Steeda Tri Ax Shifter
- Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft
- FRPP 411 Gears

Suspension

(Front)

- D&D Racing Tubular K-Member

- D&D Racing Tubular A-Arms

- D&D Coil-Overs With 350lbs/inch 10” Spring

- Lakewood 70/30 Struts

- Spherical Bearing Caster/Camber Plates

- Steering Rack Polyurethane Drop Bushings

- Bump Steer Kit

- Polyurethane Sway Bay Bushings

(Rear)

- Pauls High Performance Full Length Subframe Connectors

- Mac Lower Control Arms

- Mac Upper Control Arms

- Neuspeed Lowering Springs

- BBK Bump Stop

Wheels and Tires

- FR500 Black With Aluminum Lip 18x9 Rims

- Kumho 245-40-ZR18 Tires (100 miles on since new)

- Ford Racing Cobra R Center Caps

- Drilled/Slotted Front And Rear Rotors

Misc

- BBK 190lph Fuel Pump

- Factory Alarm

- Ported / Polished Upper Intake

- Mac High Flow H Pipe
- Mac 2 1/2 Cat Back Exhaust System
- Title Is Clear

NOW FOR THE ISSUE

Cylinder # 5 has low compression and have not looked into situation any further. Car was never abused in its life. Adult driven and owned since day 1. Car does start and run. Car has sat quite a bit since 2003, being started from time to time. Just testing waters and see what offers I get. If nothing will fix soon. Asking 7k . Car is in mint, like new condition otherwise.

Still thinking of parting drivetrain, suspension out and keeping the body to rebuild later on with new motor, t56, irs, etc.

Also have custom spindles, wilwood calipers, rotors for front and same for rear to go with car.

Last edited:

robjs111

Established Member
34934895513_0_BG-1.jpg

awesomeman

Banned
What would have to be done to get the cylinder fixed? Do you know what is wrong with it? Also dose it run and dose every thing work other then that?

robjs111

Established Member
I was planning on removing heads and going from there. The motor runs fine, no knocks, bangs, etc would never know cylinder has no compression. Not sure y cylinder is reading such a low number. Best way to approach is to break motor down. Car has been in storage for several years. When removed all fluids changed, etc. Like i said planned on removing heads but loss of job is forcing me to change direction.

Planned on parting out suspension and drivetrain to rebuild later down the road but will try and sell as a complete car first.

Aside from the issue above all else works perfect.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Beautiful car man! GL with the sale. I'm probably going to be in the market for another 96-98 when I get back from deployment. Too bad it's not a year from now.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
don't part out a nice cobra with such low miles. those are harder and harder to find. +1 on fixing it and selling it for more.

Users who are viewing this thread