1997 Saleen S-351R for sale

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
That thing is STILL for sale? I lusted over that when I was looking for my Mustang 4 years ago.

95riosnake

Established Member
SVT Lurch said:
That thing is STILL for sale? I lusted over that when I was looking for my Mustang 4 years ago.

My thoughts exactly, I remember seein that when I was lookin around for a car (only for me it was 3 years ago roughly). I remember those unusually fat rear tires on the saleen rims. There must be a reason they've had it that long. :dw:

88gt5.0

Established Member
95riosnake said:
My thoughts exactly, I remember seein that when I was lookin around for a car (only for me it was 3 years ago roughly). I remember those unusually fat rear tires on the saleen rims. There must be a reason they've had it that long. :dw:

Yeah I remember looking at it like 4-5 years ago!!!

kball

Banned
mustang196718 said:
Pretty cool, I don't like the wing either though. Definitely takes away from the whole Saleen aura.

That IS a Saleen wing though. True though, it doesn't look as good as the S-281 wing.

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
Performance Mustangs...gotta love them.

They are a Houston, TX mustang only car dealer. They rip everyone off.

They offered me 1,500 for my foxbody about 5 years ago...the next day I sold it in auto trader for 4,200.00.

They also have a minature chop shop in the back..when you trade in your car..they turn it back to stock. Seen it done tons of times. Also check all the prices on their website. They are proud of the "mustang".

whistlin93SVT

Titty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
ViperBlueCobra said:
Performance Mustangs...gotta love them.

They are a Houston, TX mustang only car dealer. They rip everyone off.

They offered me 1,500 for my foxbody about 5 years ago...the next day I sold it in auto trader for 4,200.00.

They also have a minature chop shop in the back..when you trade in your car..they turn it back to stock. Seen it done tons of times. Also check all the prices on their website. They are proud of the "mustang".

+ 1, I have heard stories, that they buy wrecked mustangs, and then fix them in their chop shop and sell them as never been wrecked. Stay away from this place.

Blake

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
^Agreed..have been there a few times. And the car's are over-priced and don't look like they have been treated very well. Stay away indeed!

S351R13

Established Member
Its over priced (especially considering the mileage), has too much ghetto trim on the inside, has options on it that didn't come from Saleen, decals in the wrong places, the seats are from a low mile car, and it has the wrong console in it also. It is for a 99-up car. Not that one. 625 rwhp is doubtful with the inlet tube and the pulley they are using! They are too many red flags on it. There is a reason for people steering clear of it. The wing could have been ordered on it. I own a 96 that came from Saleen with that wing but, mine was the only one for 96. If the car was legitimate and coming from a collector it would bring about $28-30K with the mileage. With the shady things that this dealer has been accused of I would not even consider the car.

stangfreak

Established Member
S351R13 said:
Its over priced (especially considering the mileage), has too much ghetto trim on the inside, has options on it that didn't come from Saleen, decals in the wrong places, the seats are from a low mile car, and it has the wrong console in it also. It is for a 99-up car. Not that one. 625 rwhp is doubtful with the inlet tube and the pulley they are using! They are too many red flags on it. There is a reason for people steering clear of it. The wing could have been ordered on it. I own a 96 that came from Saleen with that wing but, mine was the only one for 96. If the car was legitimate and coming from a collector it would bring about $28-30K with the mileage. With the shady things that this dealer has been accused of I would not even consider the car.

if you wanna sell your 99351 i want it!!! ill give you my cobra nad cash!! :rockon:

S351R13

Established Member
I doubt I will ever sell either one. I've had the 96 for years and the 99 I have had for a year. It only has 3800 miles on it and has yet to see rain.

Users who are viewing this thread