1997 Mustang Cobra, $10,000obo

aaron97

Cobra is King
Established Member
1997 Mustang Cobra, $10,500.obo

I am selling my 1997 Mustang Cobra, its Pacific Green. Looking for $10,500 obo. Its in Phoenix Arizona and i will be listing it on AutoTrader shortly. Looking for local sale or local pickup. The Odometer stopped working a year ago at 96k, so i was estimate mileage to be under 102,000 miles.

For those that dont know, i am working in the UAE and have been here for a year, now its looking like i may be here for a couple more years, so i need to sell the Cobra.

Here is a list of everything it has and all the maintenance that has been done recently.
-New Forward O2 sensors
-New Intake Manifold gasket set
-Intake manifold & IMRC cleaned (looks like new on the inside)
-IMRC cable replaced (driver side)
-IMRC o-rings & bearings replaced (both sides)
-New MAF
-New Canister purge valve
-New IAC
-New TPS
-New BBK 255lph Fuel Pump
-New FRP Fuel Injectors
-New BBK FPR
-New Fuel Filter
-New Spark Plugs
-New FMS Plug Wires
-New Smog Pump
-Installed 2 Oil Catch Cans in the PCV system.
-PCM Reflash with all the Updates from Sunset Ford.
-New SLP catted x-pipe.
-flushed the Engine Oil 3 times and now runs synthetic.
-drained and fill the trany with Royal Purple.
-drained and filled the rear end with Mobile 1 synthetic.
-New Pinion Input shaft seal and new diff cover seal.
-New Pads and Rotors on all 4 corners.
-New Tokico Illuminas Adjustable Struts and Shocks.
-New Steeda Poly spring isolators and strut bushings.
-4.10 Gears
-Pro5.0 Short Throw Shifter
-CenterForce Dual Friction Clutch
-AutoMeter Pillar Pod and Gauges.
-Flowmaster 2-Chamber Muffle
-Eibach Sportline Springs
-17x9.5 and 17x10.5 Chrome Cobra R Replicas
-All new tires, 255 up front and 315 on rear.
-New AC Compressor

DSCF0289.gif

DSC00223.gif

DSC00227.gif

DSC00229.gif

Pics from before i installed the 17x10's on the rear.
DSC00208.gif

DSC00206.gif

I'm at work right now, so will recheck this to make sure the pictures are right and show up, because i cant see them. And to make sure i listed all the mods and correct info.

Thanks.

Last edited:

aaron97

Cobra is King
Established Member
good luck, the market is not good for these cars right now

That depends on location. Most of them in Phoenix are asking $12k or higher, either way, I am not in a rush to sell. The car is just setting at a friends house, like it has for a year now. He drives it to work every now and then and that's about it. But he as to move soon and since I wont be back in the states any time soon, its better and less of a burden if I just sell it. Its just not worth paying for storage fees for two or three more years, especially since I already have a better/faster/newer car. Although the Cobra is fun and when i was a kid i dreamed of owning one, which it part of the reason i bought it. So, if it sells, it sells. if it don't, it don't. No worries, just trying to save some money in the long run.

aaron97

Cobra is King
Established Member
true mileage unknown

Oh, ya. I believe the title says "exempt", in AZ once a car reaches 10 years old they issue a odometer exempt or not actual mileage title anyway. But i know when the odometer broke, and i have owned it since and i have been overseas, so from the day it broke till now, couldn't be more than 3000 miles.
I am honest and not trying to pull one over on anyone, if i was, i would just fix the odometer and say it reads actual mileage. But i dont like getting screwed and i wont try to screw anyone else.

aaron97

Cobra is King
Established Member
Okay, sales off. I decided to go another direction. Rather than sell it to make money, i spent money and bought a 30' enclosed car hauler for it to sleep in while i am away. .

Users who are viewing this thread